Registering a child’s birth at Amphur who’s born in UK

getithere328

Hi, hoping someone can help. My daughter was born in the UK and her mum is Thai.

I’m lead to believe that she can be registered at the local Amphur and added to a house registration book.

I have also read that a child of a Thai mother automatically becomes a Thai national at birth. When I read this it seemed to imply that no matter which country the child is born it still has an automatic right to Thai nationality.

We are not in a position to have both parents go to the local Thai embassy in the UK to sort it out but I can bring my daughter to Thailand (as her mother is now there) to do the Amphur registration .

Any advice would be greatly appreciated , thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, getithere328 said:

Thank you. So the process of registering them at the Amphur is just a formality?

Yes, It would be better if you get Daughter a Thai Passport in the UK , just to save you having to deal with getting her a Thai visa in a UK PP

• Like 1

Yes, It would be better if you get Daughter a Thai Passport in the UK , just to save you having to deal with getting her a Thai visa in a UK PP

Do you happen to know if it would be possible for her to get a Thai passport and birth certificate in Thailand?

I know that both mother and father need to be at the UK embassy to apply for the above and there is no chance that her mother will come back to the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, getithere328 said:

Do you happen to know if it would be possible for her to get a Thai passport and birth certificate in Thailand?
I know that both mother and father need to be at the UK embassy to apply for the above and there is no chance that her mother will come back to the UK.

Will be able to get a Thai PP , but will not be able to get a Thai Birth Certificate .

Although a UK Birth certificate with the Thai Mothers name on it , should be sufficient to get a Thai PP

• Like 1