New passport visa transfer

Just rec'd my new US passport .The letter says I can transfer visa at the 2nd floor of Govt . complex in Bangkok . Is this where I go , or do I have to do it at the immigration center . Can I wait until I renew my retirement extension next month ??Can I transfer at any other place ?

You have to the stamp transfer at the immigration office that issued your extension of stay.

You can wait until you do your extension application next month. But at some offices where they are done at different desks it might be best to do the stamp transfer first since it has to be done before you can apply for the extension. You would also need copies of the pages of your new passport that has the stamps on them.

Immigration is on the 2nd floor at Chiang Watanna.  The banks are on the lower ground level.  You may think it is the 1st floor but you drive up at entry to the 2nd floor.  And yes it will be crowded if you arrive at 0830 opening time.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Not familiar with Chaeng Wattana immigration but it would be done where you applied for your extension of stay.

Same floor as for visa extension, just another counter.

BTW when they say 2nd floor it's probably because in thailand they usually don't count the 1st floor, it goes from ground floor straight to 2nd floor, can be a bit confusing when you don't know !

Edited by Pepper9187