Thai women travelling alone abroad: Authorities assume sex work

webfact

1 minute ago, Fex Bluse said:

As much as many of us Farang enjoy living here, Thailand is seen as a regressive, whoring dump. And, they have mostly earned the reputation. They earn it by routinely over staying visas, working illegally and engaging in all kinds of shady business. And, Thais with money and education are often worse than their less educated countrymen. The problem here is culture. Most everyone aspires to exploit and break laws and rules. 

This sounds like a lot of falangs living here, whoring, overstaying visas, working illegally and shady business, maybe they are just trying to blend in?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Ever been outside the big city?

I lived for more than 10 years in Roi Et and Surin and what you claim to know is just not true. Especially your number of school drop outs  at the age of 12.

I had 2 Thai step children who visited a private and a Government school so I have first hand experience. 

Compulsory education in Thailand covers the first nine years of “basic education” (six years of elementary school and three years of lower secondary school). Education at public schools is free of charge until grade 9. At present, the government also provides three years of free pre-school and three years of free upper-secondary education, neither of which are mandatory, however.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I do it all the time.

Airports usually have ATMs, and I like to look around before I book into a hotel.

I agree... hit the ATM & then find a room...

But I suspect being a Caucasian Male (if your avatar is accurate) is slightly less of a red flag than an Asian (esp. Thai) female... and age is probably a good sign as well.

1 hour ago, Bill Miller said:

Infantile reasoning. She is a Thai, not the product of a western school system.
How many Thai people know any of the Roman alphabet at all? 

48 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You assume they attended high school, when in reality most Thais 80%+ leave school aged 12, and 95% have left by age 15.

Considering the vast amounts of money swallowed up by Thailand's national education budget, you'd expect higher intelligence and literacy among the population. As it is, Thailand ranks at or near the bottom in Asian TOEIC scores. None of its universities are up to scratch. Students should perform a lot better than speaking and writing infantile gibberish.

6 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

This sounds like a lot of falangs living here, whoring, overstaying visas, working illegally and shady business, maybe they are just trying to blend in?

Yes, I love this arguement that "well, they do it too" or "but, it happens in every country". 

The issue is about degree, percentage, ratio. Thais, in significant number, goto other countries and break laws. It's what they know as their country encourages law breaking. 

The other issue is that Thailand is lawless, and that affects Thais and foreigners. The reason so many people here are lawless is because the the country's national character is one of lawlessness. 

Actually the truth is FAR more Thai women go abroad to work (illegally) in Korea and Australia etc than they do to go abroad to work in the sex industry, but women busted for picking mushrooms does not have the same media appeal as Thai prostitutes.

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

English is the international language that Thais study for 11 years, Thai is only of use in Thailand

You are correct in that English is the de facto international language, but you don't seem to not know Thailand enough to understand that this country hasn't joined yet the International community.

4 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Actually the truth is FAR more Thai women go abroad to work (illegally) in Korea and Australia etc than they do to go abroad to work in the sex industry, but women busted for picking mushrooms does not have the same media appeal as Thai prostitutes.

In my 25 years of lunch time mongering, in Geneva, when I was as respected UN staffer, I had no shortage of Thai happy ending. Sometimes some very good Thai food, before or after the deed...

51 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

The overseas earning potential of a Thai girl as a prostitute is significantly higher than when doing menial jobs -agriculture / packing, especially in South Korea and Hong Kong.

Furthermore,  10 times out of 10, Thai women who choose to go to work overseas (illegally) will choose the easier way out i.e. spreading their legs, unless they're fat/ugly or both.

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Who would go to another country without some local currency?   but apart from that stupidity it's totally monstrous not to let her contact her friend outside to confirm the circumstances. 

Try getting local currency for Laos before you go. It's not available anywhere. To be fair though dollars talk here ?

6 minutes ago, varun said:

The overseas earning potential of a Thai girl as a prostitute is significantly higher than when doing menial jobs -agriculture / packing, especially in South Korea and Hong Kong.

Furthermore,  10 times out of 10, Thai women who choose to go to work overseas (illegally) will choose the easier way out i.e. spreading their legs, unless they're fat/ugly or both.

50k a month doing a menial job in Korea is 5x what they would earn back home in a shop or factory, I expect they can earn more with sex, but mainly that is for the lazy and stupid.

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Utter rubbish 80% of Thais do NOT leave School at 12!

My wife did, she can barely puzzle her way through Thai with her lips moving.  Official forms, etc. forget it.  Can't read yes/no in English..... but an intelligent woman, she just didn't have options in a rural area at that age (she's 50 now, so it was a while back).  Education isn't free here remember.

1 minute ago, DefaultName said:

My wife did, she can barely puzzle her way through Thai with her lips moving.  Official forms, etc. forget it.  Can't read yes/no in English..... but an intelligent woman, she just didn't have options in a rural area at that age (she's 50 now, so it was a while back).  Education isn't free here remember.

Education is free, you buy the uniforms and extras, in some cases you can get the money back for the kit

5 hours ago, Nice Boyd said:

WELL the the amount of women running to Korea , is unbelievable, Korean Authorities know...all over fb is stacks of money in Korean Currency, Sure not from working in Restaurants, not in those amounts 

Sister inlaw is sitting in the Korean immigration tank right now, without a passport.  Wife got the message yesterday.  She's been "working" in a massage shop for over a year (we knew).  From what I gather, there was an immigration sting, a mad dash for passports and not all the girls ended up getting one.  Apparently she has a Korean "sponsor" to help her get home.  I would have offered assistance, but kept my mouth shut (sister robbed the wife of over 300 000b a couple of years ago), and wife didn't ask for a monetary contribution to assist.

1 hour ago, tubby johnson said:

Considering the vast amounts of money swallowed up by Thailand's national education budget, you'd expect higher intelligence and literacy among the population. As it is, Thailand ranks at or near the bottom in Asian TOEIC scores. None of its universities are up to scratch. Students should perform a lot better than speaking and writing infantile gibberish

I agree, but we live within a system where one or two in a class do all the work and everyone else copies.

And exams where you can often pay the teacher to complete your answer sheet for you.

28 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

but mainly that is for the lazy and stupid.

That's probably 99.9% of the Thai women working illegally overseas.

Those with above-average physical attributes will choose to spread their legs rather than work under the sun, without a second thought or the slightest hesitation.

Why toil and pick mushrooms for 10-12 hours a day and get tanned when she can earn the same amount by letting a horny punter dump his load inside her in under 5 minutes?

Maximize earning while minimizing hard work or effort - Thai women know and understand this dynamic extremely well - far from stupid, in that regard.

30 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Education is free, you buy the uniforms and extras, in some cases you can get the money back for the kit

Government school,

It's free until age 12, then you can pay (2-3k/term) until age 15, then 3/4 of the class are chucked out no matter what, and remaining 1/4 pay (4-5k/term). But then the better government schools charge for compulsory after-hours classes, and an entrance fee.

My 7-year-old Thai son pays 4k/term for his place in a 'free' government school.

And if I don't like it, he can try to go to another school.

My teenage daughter was charged 5k/term after age 15 in her 'free' government high school.

(including books and uniforms, which can only be purchased at the schools)

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I do it all the time.

Airports usually have ATMs, and I like to look around before I book into a hotel.

Been to Kuala Lumpar many times, never had any Ringgit or accommodation, VISA waiver on entry for 90 days, and all they require is you have a ticket out within that time frame. Loads of exchange booths at the airport, I change 1,000bht which is plenty for the bus into town and dinner.

Permit me to doubt you fit the profile of a Thai woman, suspected of sex work.........

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

You need to back up outrageous claims with some real evidence, 85% complete lower secondary, not drop out by 12!

According to UNESCO’s 2017/8 Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report, there remain substantial challenges to the quality of education in Thailand:

• 99% complete primary education, but only 85% complete  lower secondary education

I think you'll find that 10 years back it was different, and most of the Thai population were educated more than 40 years back.

Try looking at the 1997 report (which would cover everyone aged 32 and over today), around 75% of the current Thai population.

Prayut is just about to reduce compulsory education back to age 12, it's been at age 15 for only around 5 years. 

36 minutes ago, varun said:

That's probably 99.9% of the Thai women working illegally overseas.

Those with above-average physical attributes will choose to spread their legs rather than work under the sun, without a second thought or the slightest hesitation.

Why toil and pick mushrooms for 10-12 hours a day and get tanned when she can earn the same amount by letting a horny punter dump his load inside her in under 5 minutes?

Maximize earning while minimizing hard work or effort - Thai women know and understand this dynamic extremely well - far from stupid, in that regard.

Indeed. No farang who has not worked a 12 hour day, standing in a rice paddy field under baking hot sun has any right to criticise or judge the girls who leave the slavery of the fields for the fun and freedom and liberation of the nightlife and entertainment industry. Good luck to them all.

54 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

Sister inlaw is sitting in the Korean immigration tank right now, without a passport.  Wife got the message yesterday.  She's been "working" in a massage shop for over a year (we knew).  From what I gather, there was an immigration sting, a mad dash for passports and not all the girls ended up getting one.  Apparently she has a Korean "sponsor" to help her get home.  I would have offered assistance, but kept my mouth shut (sister robbed the wife of over 300 000b a couple of years ago), and wife didn't ask for a monetary contribution to assist.

Used to be Bahrain and Dubai.

39 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Government school,

It's free until age 12, then you can pay (2-3k/term) until age 15, then 3/4 of the class are chucked out no matter what, and remaining 1/4 pay (4-5k/term). But then the better government schools charge for compulsory after-hours classes, and an entrance fee.

My 7-year-old Thai son pays 4k/term for his place in a 'free' government school.

And if I don't like it, he can try to go to another school.

My teenage daughter was charged 5k/term after age 15 in her 'free' government high school.

(including books and uniforms, which can only be purchased at the schools)

You know what they say about people who sent their kids to government Schools don't you!

3 minutes ago, The manic said:

Indeed. No farang who has not worked a 12 hour day, standing in a rice paddy field under baking hot sun has any right to criticise or judge the girls who leave the slavery of the fields for the fun and freedom and liberation of the nightlife and entertainment industry. Good luck to them all.

Rice is largely mechanised these days, once planted there is next to nothing to do, they never toiled in rice fields every day

Archived