Can you pick up your passport with visa 1 week later?

Hello,

My girlfriend yesterday, put in her application for thai tourist visa at the Vientiane thai embassy.

Obviously they are closed over the weekend. We are travelling on bikes and our Laos visas finish on the 29th, and are getting itchy feet and would like to do a little loop back to Vientiane.

Is it ok to pick up her passport so long after applying, or not advisable?

Thanks

I can confirm Ubon's info as correct.

Was in Vientiene last month, and wanted to do exactly the same - was verbally denied.

Whereas previously was able to pick up a week later - now cannot - indeed, visa will be cancelled if not collected on the designated next available date. There are signs posted to that effect, in the applications area.

Visas are now paid for on collection date.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I advise you to pick it up on Monday.

A member had his visa canceled because he failed to pick up his passport on the designated day.

They actually have a sign there, saying exactly that: 'your visa must be picked up on the designated day, as the visa will otherwise be cancelled' (exact wording might be different).

• Like 1

It's written on the paper they give you in exchange of your passport and / or at the

14 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

They actually have a sign there, saying exactly that: 'your visa must be picked up on the designated day, as the visa will otherwise be cancelled' (exact wording might be different).

Yep exactly what i was going to say.

There's a big sign on the right wall near the pickup counter.

• Like 1