Western Union transfer in Bangkok...where/how?

AlphaCanadian

Sorry if this is a silly question but I have never sent not received a Western Union money transfer.

Would I be able to get it done at a bank like say Bangkok Bank?

If I send do I come in with cash/pay with a credit card...??

If I get a transfer do I get cash or money order that I need to take to a bank?

Thanks in advance.

Generally, they are  (WU)  are ok.. but if you are sending money to Thailand from the US and if it is over  SAY 5k.. the people at the sending end go through the interrogation routine for fear of money laundering....  Why are you sending so much...  a royal arse pain

I did it once. Forgot to where, think it was from Thailand to Cambodia. After getting the deed done at Krung Thai, I asked what if I brought US$ to the sending Thai bank. The bank rep said they would convert it to Thai baht (taking a cut, of course) and then charge me for changing the amount back to US$ for the WU transfer, taking another cut. Plus the WU fee.  Must be a great money spinner for the banks.

Make absolutely sure you have your recipients details exactly correct, name spelling including middle name if on their ID, Phone Number and street address including postal code The slightest variation between what you fill out and what the recipient fills out can cause denial of payment.  Make sure the recipient knows the correct form of your name.

Some payment offices can be very fussy.