90 day reporting question

Hello all,

I am planning in getting an multi-entry O-A visa. I am over 50 and have all the documents from the bank. My question is about the 90 day reporting. I am planning to travel within Thailand. I heard that I have to report to the same immigration office every 90 days. I was thinking that I could report to any office that is close to me when I travel. I just would hate to adjust my travel to go back home to report. I do plan to have a long term rental. I just want to travel and see Thailand.

Also, does a marriage visa have the same reporting schedule?

Thanks, 

You need to report at the office covering the address you're living at. So as long as you use a local address you should be able to report as you travel. 

Once you have made the first report you might be able to report online, and if that works you can report online from anywhere in the country using your 'home' address. Also, if the office covering your home address accept mailed reports you could mail the report to them from anywhere as long as you include a return addressed envelope to your home address.

It doesn't matter what visa you have; if you have permission to stay longer than 90 days, and you stay longer than 90 days, you must make a report to update your address.

Edited by elviajero

You have to the 90 day report at the office where you applied for your extension unless you formally change your address at another office.

You can do your reports online or by mail instead of doing them in person.

You could mail the report by registered or express mail service (EMS) from anywhere in the country to the office where you applied for the extension. You have to a include a return envelope with stamps on it addressed to your permanent address for them to send receipt for the report to you.

5 hours ago, TXsmile said:

Also, does a marriage visa have the same reporting schedule?

If by that you mean a Non Imm O ME Visa obtained from a Thai Embassy/Consulate for being married to a Thai, then no!

This Visa only allows 90 day entries, you must cross the border and return to get another 90 day entry, so you'll never be required to make 90 day reports at an IO.