Tractor registration.

Goanna

I have bought a small tractor, 34hp, and am trying to transfer the transport registration book into my name. I went to one of these small inspection stations to handle the business. They said they would come to our house to do the inspection, and then lodge the paperwork, all up 4800 baht. I have the book and signed forms from the seller.

So, today the inspection station ring ans tell me I cannot have the tractor registration in my name unless I have 50 rai of land. We only have 28 rai, which is in my wifes name. This sounds like a crock of shit to me. Has anyone else had similar problems. I was planning on slashing our grass, and getting some hire for it on the side. Thank you.

back some years ago we took a kubuta tractor out on lease hire, when the finance company came to the house to check all was well they they also made a big think of checking all the land titles the wife held, i can remember 50 rai also being spoken and also this was the minimum for some thing or other....? i have asked the wife but she cannot remember the details of this deal.... 

can you not put the tractor in the wifes name? 

why not phone up one of the main dealers in your area an ask about what one needs to put a tractor in your name?

I find out now, it doesn't need to be ours, just that we work it. With the wifes two brothers land titles, we have enough. They haven't turned up for the inspection yet, so I will confirm after if this is ok. Thanks Thoongfoned.

Oh. Anything other than land will be in my name. Just because you never know. 11 years on, we are solid, but things can change. Two of my friends have been cleaned out, so.......

It's over now apparently. We submitted a collective of wife and brothers deeds, and they were happy with that. Mind you, this is just the agent, and possibly just his interpretation. Papers and new plates back next week. Thanks guys.

1 hour ago, Goanna said:

It's over now apparently. We submitted a collective of wife and brothers deeds, and they were happy with that. Mind you, this is just the agent, and possibly just his interpretation. Papers and new plates back next week. Thanks guys.

I am not saying some tractors do have plates but in my area no tractor has a license plate. You need to check on this.

Archived