Big Joke warns about "paak waan" foreigners as Thai woman conned out of 6 million baht

webfact

1 hour ago, cookieqw said:

i class farang as european american aussie def not any asian indian or african those people have a totally diff mindset

Some newbies think farang means foreigner. It refers to any white looking person of European heritage.  Not Chinese Malays!

• Like 1

Some newbies think farang means foreigner. It refers to any white looking person of European heritage.  Not Chinese Malays!

So according to you, NOT Australians , South Africans or Americans.

I don’t think so! Think again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

So according to you, NOT Australians , South Africans or Americans.

I don’t think so! Think again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well..he did say "of European heritage" which covers most Aussies,Yanks and Springboks rather nicely..

Unless you are inferring that the Arunta,Sioux and Matabele are well covered in the Thai lexicon.

1 minute ago, dave moir said:

Good that a Thai woman has 6 million baht! Wonder how she got it! ????

With more than 50 installments between 100 - 200k we can assume its not what you are hinting...:whistling:

Scams are everywhere.. I was scammed of US$30,000 by scammers who intercept my email and my customer’s.. so instead of banking into my Singapore account, the scammers advise my customer to bank into a Hong Kong account with same company name! So my customer was scammed but it translate into me being scammed when customer decided they are not paying again the same amount. ????

6 hours ago, jimmynewbie said:

Yes it means guava

Farang is the Thai way of saying 'Francais' meaning the French who were the first to de-facto colonise Thailand. Pretend you are Thai and repeat 'Francais' 20 times quickly and prononce the r as an l. The first syllable 'flan' ends up being 'falang' and drop the second syllable 'cais' because Thais are lazy. There you have 'Falang' meaning the superior foreign guy with white skin (who we (Thais) eventually will get our revenge upon)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

<deleted> me, how did she qualify to be a pharmacist ????

Professional skills are not the same or in the same category as one's emotional vulnerability to people who know how to play a lonely person's heart. I have never met a pharmacist in Thailnd who wasn't a consummate professional, highly educated and competent. These con artists are highly skilled at what they do. If you doubt the skills of a good con artist, look no further than the man who conned America into electing him president Under whom all Americans and much of the world are suffering. Good and decent people are inclined to be trusting if they have never encountered true evil. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, TSF said:

She got done on an internet scam "56 times before the penny dropped" Got to be a candidate for this year's Darwin Awards. 

I think the ignorance and insensitivity of your remark certainly qualifies you. People can be emotionally vulnerable, and it has nothing to do with their intelligence or place on the evolutionary ladder. Shame on you for judging. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, HaleySabai said:

whew!...whats your name,Ralf?...your perspective of economic activity in Thailand is the size of a toilet bowl.

No, the backroads of Issan would be a whole lot dustier if it were not for the generous support of the "bar-stool" Bob.

Your probably right madam.no need for insulting me with your toilet bowl brain crap because I'm not as educated as yourself on Thai economics.now go change your mouse and don't block the toilet bowl with the best part of you.did you really think that I actually thought the Thai economy is/was held up bar girl scamming????????????????

28 minutes ago, paulikens said:

shes got 6million baht to give away &shes a pharmacist...so its possible shes conned a farang to have such a large amount of cash. so it could be a case of what goes around

A real pharmacist makes that kind off money. Not only in Thailand, but everywhere.

Its a good job.

Who are these people? Why would someone even consider the possibility that someone is their "friend", due to an online encounter. There is no substance to the 'relationship". There is nothing there. Is this due to extreme loneliness? Why one earth would someone send 100,000 baht to someone they never met? And then do it over, and over, and over again, without seeing anything in return, or ever meeting this person? 

I hear about guys all the time getting involved with someone online, and devoting hundreds of hours to the woman, sending her money, etc, etc. They have never even met. What is that?

Is this just a very low IQ sort of thing? Desperation for companionship? Greed? It is all way, way beyond me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Who are these people? Why would someone even consider the possibility that someone is their "friend", due to an online encounter. There is no substance to the 'relationship". There is nothing there. Is this due to extreme loneliness? Why one earth would someone send 100,000 baht to someone they never met? And then do it over, and over, and over again, without seeing anything in return, or ever meeting this person? 

I hear about guys all the time getting involved with someone online, and devoting hundreds of hours to the woman, sending her money, etc, etc. They have never even met. What is that?

Is this just a very low IQ sort of thing? Desperation for companionship? Greed? It is all way, way beyond me.

Yes, unbelievable, extreme loneliness for sure, coupled with an extremely boring life .