TMB Bank - All Free Debit card

I yesterday changed one of my TMB accounts to an All Free account, and I was charged 500 baht for a new All Free Debit card. The assistant changing my account stated that I would not have to pay again for 2 years. Is this correct?

Their normal entry level debit card is 200 baht for 5 years (no annual fee) and can be used to withdraw free of charge at any TMB ATM across the country (TMB doesn't charge the stupid cross-region fees like the others). You can also deposit anywhere in the country free of charge.

Never needed the all-free card.

3 minutes ago, cassde said:

the card is for 5 years before expiry

The expiry date is irrelevant. The all-free card is 500 baht for the first year and has a 350 baht annual fee starting from the second year. After 5 years you will have paid 1900 baht. With ATM-Lite you would have paid 200 baht.

From TMB's website:

ค่าธรรมเนียมแรกเข้าบัญชี ทีเอ็มบี ออลล์ ฟรี พร้อมออกบัตรเดบิตครั้งแรก 500 บาท ค่าธรรมเนียมรายปีบัญชี ทีเอ็มบี ออลล์ ฟรี พร้อมบัตรเดบิต 350 บาทต่อปี ต่อบัตร และไม่คิดค่าธรรมเนียมออกบัตรทดแทนบัตรเดิมทุกกรณี (บัตรหาย/ บัตรชำรุด/ บัตรหมดอายุ)

The "free" in all-free refers to the ability to withdraw from any ATM of any bank anywhere in the country free of charge (costs 20-25 baht without all-free).

With ATM-lite you can only withdraw from TMB ATMs anywhere in the country free of charge (which, as mentioned, is far better than other banks, which charge cross-region fees). Personally I never found it too hard to locate a TMB ATM.