4x4 Atv For Farming

Pepsi99

We have the farm in Korat not far from chok chai. and we gro

sugerplants and eukalyptustree, Man-thai, and some fruit tree.

All together 57 rai . we think that a ATV will help us much

when ouer land is so clouse to home and we can do thins without

hiring people to do.

/Pepsi

Personally I wouldn't buy one of the Chinese ones - I am sceptical about the engineering consistancy and am inclined to think of them in much the same terms as one views a new brush - will sweep clean for a while but when problems start they will continue

They Jap ones are heavily taxed as they are classified as recreational vehicles. They're fine for light ag duties. Their is one model that is diesel and made specificaly for agricultural use - and can be imported into Thailand as an agriculturral vehicle (duties around 5%) Not as fast as the big petrol units, but plenty quick enough (if it is for ag use) and with huge torque (pulling power).

Its called "Diablo" and uses a Yanmar 3 cylinder diesel engine. Still, cost wise for and as an ag vehicle you are going to be better off buying a Ford tractor, or even an Iseki, Yanmar, Mitsibushi or similar small/medium size tractor.

This is my take on them ...

Maizefarmer

I am bringing two out to Thailand, sticking them in the container, but taking them apart first, wheels bodyparts etc, one is a 4 x 4 Honda farm atv 450cc the other is a yamaha Banshee racing quad, for me to have some fun on, the chinese ones are ok, but not as good as the top makers, cheap chains, sprockets, etc. will not stand up to everyday use like a Honda or yami. i also want the honda for our farm.

• 2 weeks later...

A new outlet for the Chinese Quads has opened in Udon Thani, I had a look at them but was not impressed.

But I was impressed with a Chinese made tuk tuk with a 500kg capacity tray. It has a 175cc water cooled engine I believe of German extraction (copy) front disc and rear drum brakes,the motor has a power take-off and the rear wheels are driven by shaft and differential ,it also has reverse gear,tray is about 4'6"x 5'6" and solidly constructed out of lightweight checkerplate, I was so impressed I am going to buy one.

There is a lot of lumping bags etc around the ponds to do ,plus it will carry a 300litre insulated box and oxy bottle so we are going to put a lady on to direct sell live fish around the villages.

Our daughter does it two evenings a week now and moves 20kg each time(thats all she can push in the hand cart) it helps give her a work ethic and it gives her extra pocket money.

Oh yeah,the price is about the same as a tuk tuk approx 60k.

Me and my wife have a small farm in Thailand and was thinking

that a 4X4 ATV (yamaha, Honda or some chinese made Atv)

wold help us in the work we have..

here is my questian where in thailand can we find some one who sell

this.

and what is the prise for those ?

/Pepsi

Assuming you have not worked this one out yet........

Pepsi------------- PM me your contact details. There is a distributor in Chiangmai, I know where they are, but do not have there phone number yet. When I drive passed in the next couple of days I can get there number... Jay

Assuming you have not worked this one out yet........

Pepsi------------- PM me your contact details. There is a distributor in Chiangmai, I know where they are, but do not have there phone number yet. When I drive passed in the next couple of days I can get there number... Jay

I am greatful for your attempt to help me.Jay!

I wold like the number to the distdibutor of the 4X4..

many thanks ...!

/ Pepsi

A new outlet for the Chinese Quads has opened in Udon Thani, I had a look at them but was not impressed.

But I was impressed with a Chinese made tuk tuk with a 500kg capacity tray. It has a 175cc water cooled engine I believe of German extraction (copy) front disc and rear drum brakes,the motor has a power take-off and the rear wheels are driven by shaft and differential ,it also has reverse gear,tray is about 4'6"x 5'6" and solidly constructed out of lightweight checkerplate, I was so impressed I am going to buy one.

There is a lot of lumping bags etc around the ponds to do ,plus it will carry a 300litre insulated box and oxy bottle so we are going to put a lady on to direct sell live fish around the villages.

Our daughter does it two evenings a week now and moves 20kg each time(thats all she can push in the hand cart) it helps give her a work ethic and it gives her extra pocket money.

Oh yeah,the price is about the same as a tuk tuk approx 60k.

any chance of some further deatils or a contact number etc

that sounds like something that I could use

• 1 month later...

I realize this reply is a bit late, but I add it here for future reference in case anyone reads this thred. The cheapest one of these I have ever seen is on the bottom floor of Zeer in Rangsit. Cost was in the low 40's. Don't have too many specifics, it was clearly Chinese made, but it looked OK.

Anyone who has the chance to check it should stop by there and get the details. It's the showpiece as you walk in the big store next to the food court. They have 4 models ranging in price from 40k to 150k.

I don't have time to get back there, but if anyone does and can give us some specifics it would be interesting.

MRAITCHASON

Go down Sukhumvit - turn left as if heading out towards the new airport or Pattaya - do not go up to onto the toll road/raised motorway, and stay on the left hand side - on the side road that runs parrellal to the motorway which runs underneath the raised toll freeway.

Somewhere within the first 1/2 mile or so the Thai main importer for Yamaha and Honda ATV's is located (he also sells earthmoving equipment) - can't miss it - you'll see all the ATV's parked up on raised showroom floor. He also sells plastic canoes and dingi type boats! If you go past the hospital then you have missed it.

As someone else said earlier on this thread - you're better off with an old 4 x 4 drive Suzuki: they weigh nothing (near to impossible to bog down in mud, and if they do they're so light they can be pushed out by 2 people), would cost less to purchase and maintain, and have a load more power.

MF

Edited by Maizefarmer

Two years ago we looked at importing a container of 2nd machines; as at home the local forestry dept was auctioning approx 100 units.

We were told to take the engine out and repaint and to clear thorugh customs as a new engine and the rest of the vehicle as parts. This way we would not have to pay I think it was 138% import tax. We decieded not to take the risk on a whole contianer of 2nd hand motorbikes...if held up in port didn't sound like fun.

In general I agree with other comments to buy 4X4 for Ag work here, they are just too expensive and you would be wiser to buy a tractor, or just another pick up truck.