Bitcoin Cash - it's worth investing?

InvestMarco

17 hours ago, DeeMak9 said:
On 10/3/2018 at 7:43 PM, Naam said:

show us some of the "many cool" cryptocurrencies that went up year-to-day :coffee1:

Hah! Show us the many cool cryptocurrencies that went down between jan 2017 and jan 2018 ????

logic is not your strong side.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Funny....all the similar financial guru's kissing the BitCoin today, were perhaps the same who never saw the 2007 - 2011 global financial crash at that era....

No, they are the ones that are going to be burned when all comes crashing down again. And it will happen. For the first time there will be another great hedge besides gold, called Bitcoin.

53 minutes ago, DeeMak9 said:

Is that so? This year were in a full blown bear market/crash, what do you expect the answer will be to your question?

that's why it is ridiculous talking about "many cool cryptocurrencies" and when challenged referring illogically to their performance of last year.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DeeMak9 said:

No, they are the ones that are going to be burned when all comes crashing down again. And it will happen. For the first time there will be another great hedge besides gold, called Bitcoin.

assuming the hedge is not clipped too "when all comes crashing down".

On 10/4/2018 at 9:44 PM, observer90210 said:

Funny....all the similar financial guru's kissing the BitCoin today, were perhaps the same who never saw the 2007 - 2011 global financial crash at that era....

Bitcoin is not a long term option, Bitcoin is becoming more and controlled and centralised in China by the day where 3 miners control the vast majority of BC creation

Bitcoin uses more  electrical power than some small countries

Bitcoin is very slow and costly

Bitcoin is the Napster/AOL/betamax/laserdisc of the crypto world

The likes of XRP or even Stellar are the chosen ones, the future  

Edited by Scottjouro

On 10/2/2018 at 3:21 PM, Skeptic7 said:

The bottom is ZERO...so isn't anywhere near 'bottomed out'. To be crystal clear...I'm not offering up advice, nor calling for it going to $0. Though certainly not calling its current level 'the bottom', as you seem to have done. Plenty of room between its current level and $0 to find plenty more bottoms.

Stated this many times on the Crypto threads...the trend line is down and has been all year, with lower highs on the bounces and lower lows on the trounces. My opinion is that it will continue its merry way down...to the chagrin of many. 

Clear enuff 4 ya now? 

Nope.... 

3 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:
8 hours ago, Scottjouro said:

The likes of XRP or even Stellar are the chosen ones, the future  

XRP.

120baht months ago, now 16 baht.

This is a chosen one?

chosen cryptos only for chosen people! rabugento1.gif

9 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

XRP.

120baht months ago, now 16 baht.

This is a chosen one?

Yeap...the THB 120 high was driven by speculators on the back of a rumour it was going to be listed on Conbase (Coinbase)...and the as with the vast majority of cyryptos at the time...no real world use case...

fast forward  about 10 months, XRP/Ripple went in real " production" with 3 FI's, is tied up with SBI Holdings in Japan who will be using Ripple Software and XRP as a bridging currency for international transfers, also rumours of an allience with "Swift" and is dealing with central banks...

Do a bit of research on Ripple plans, and XRP usage a a bridging asset...and you will understand why i am saying they are "chosen ones" 

The recent rise in price upto beginning of October was also speculation...

XRP is a few years hold ( 2 to 3 years), more production contracts signed, more volume in XRP, prices will go up...i have no doubt the value of XRP will increase, its a question of whether the stable price will be a $ 1 coin or a $ 1000 coin or something in between

It also been stated Ripple will become the microsoft of the crypto world

https://dailyhodl.com/2018/10/04/ripple-will-use-xrp-to-become-the-microsoft-of-crypto-says-investment-firm-ceo/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeldelcastillo/2018/09/04/ripples-trillion-dollar-man/

Edited by Scottjouro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Naam said:

no, it's not good! on jan1, 2018 XRP 1 bought USD 1.1384, today XRP 1 buys USD 0.52223 = year-to-day loss minus 54.125966%

xrp.jpg

As with ALL investments, it usually comes down to Timing.  Another word for good timing is Good Luck. Go back 2 years ago to date and your up a thousand percent.  Go back 2-3 weeks ago and it was 8-9 baht,  now  DOUBLE that...Timing.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

And you cold have sold the lot at almost $4 each. 

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch

I'm not in any rush ,the mindset i have to invest is in decades

I don't mind waiting until 2025,2030 or 2040 and my coins will be worth a lot or zero

I was lucky to buy cheap in 2011 so I'm playing with house money since 2012 

any losses  in crypto would have no effect on my regular investments or income

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, how241 said:

As with ALL investments, it usually comes down to Timing.  Another word for good timing is Good Luck. Go back 2 years ago to date and your up a thousand percent.  Go back 2-3 weeks ago and it was 8-9 baht,  now  DOUBLE that...Timing.

yawnnnn... :coffee1:

4 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

I'm not in any rush ,the mindset i have to invest is in decades

I don't mind waiting until 2025,2030 or 2040 and my coins will be worth a lot or zero

I was lucky to buy cheap in 2011 so I'm playing with house money since 2012 

any losses  in crypto would have no effect on my regular investments or income

And this is point, we have people who see the possibilites in crypto, but like a lot of  things in life, its going to take time 

And then we have the "children" who claim to be investors who risk their $100 "pocket money" in crypto and then start complaining that they are not mult millioniaires 24 hours later

Like the 80/90s with the dawn of the internet, everyone will jump on the bandwagon but very few will survive and even fewer will be the top dogs in crypto, although BTC was the first, one suspects it will not be the last...think Napster, AOL etc where are they now ?  

Edited by Scottjouro

Until this  crypto market grows in size, expect big price swings as it is a very small market compared to stocks or even gold.  Easy to manipulate. If your a long term holder that shouldn't really matter.

• Thanks 1