99 Reasons To Visit/ Move To Thailand

MrOliver

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mods, please count up the reasons so far, reminds of Ian Drury's 'Reasons to Be Cheerful'

!. Dancing to live morlam with half the village of all ages and sizes, with a beautiful dancing troupe on stage.

2 Drinking beer with papaya salad, sticky rice, chopped beef and fried chicken under a tamarine tree.

3. Lying in a hammock next to a fish pond with a gentle breeze blowing.

4. Driving a motorbike with 3 or 4 people on the back and the dog in the front basket.

5. Never being allowed to cook or wash up as that's the wife's prerogative, so she insists.

6. Actually enjoying seeing fog in the fields in the morning.

7. Loving rain.

8. Never meeting someone with body odour or filthy clothes, barring tramps.

9. Hailing a taxi, skylab, tuktuk, motorbike with a simple wave of the hand.

10. Going to the dentist and being asked what I want done, for a very reasonable price; as opposed to going to the dentist, and without my consent, loads of fillings etc being performed for an astronomical fee.

11. Washing the clothes and knowing for certain they'll be dry on the line in a couple of hours.

Has to be banking with out having to pay for every transaction and really good genuine service. At least at SCB that is!

Badbanker is crying into his double entry accounting and dreaming of all the charges he could access to the typical gulible Thai bank consumerS;)

I don't need 99 reasons.

Just one word sums it all up for me.

It's a requirement and it's ingrained in most thai people and culture

That word is: Sanuk.

It's what really makes Thailand different from the rest of the world.

Where else do you have so many holidays and you're religion declares that you must have fun?

Being able to work in the USA (internet) and LIVE in Thailand....

An easy life where I can spend time with my family ... instead of working myself into an early grave.

I had to come to Thailand to get the American dream.

Speeding tickets doing 130km/hr in 90km/hr zone. Guilty as charged, fine B200 paid on the spot (donation to police retirement fund).

US would cost me B7000, trip to court and 3 points on my license and 20% increase in my insurance rates.

Speeding tickets doing 130km/hr in 90km/hr zone. Guilty as charged, fine B200 paid on the spot (donation to police retirement fund).

US would cost me B7000, trip to court and 3 points on my license and 20% increase in my insurance rates.

This is true hahahehehehe

Being able to afford frequent-enough massages to actually be limber and lose the aches and pains-

Thai smiles that are like the sun bursting through the clouds

Hanging out with my man in a bar full of beauties who make ME the center of attention

The 25 baht wonderful restaurant off Hueay Kaew

A spin up the mountain

Strangers who stop and help when your tire is flat

Khao Soy

Here we are in a Kingdom with

a brilliant climate,

people who mostly do not have "attitude" and many of whom are genuinely kind and helpful,

great food which I don't have to cook,

a very affordable cost of living,

easy access to many other interesting countries,

beaches, mountains, trails, & Bangkok,

a national religion/philosophy which makes a lot of sense to me,

reasonably high-level technology,

most western "comforts"...........

I just wonder why it took me so long to make the move here.

Thanks for allowing me to contribute here.

:o:D:D Spoken like a true wimpy Canuck. Oh, is it ok if I exist in this space? I can pay and everything and volunteer to pick up the garbage...

Go to a psychie and delete all that drivel that's been driven into your head, honey.

You drive a pickup with turkey balls and shotgun rack accessories, FRI? What's the sound of snow crunching? What's a perogie? What is in West Edmonton Mall? Do you pick your nose? What is on 97th Street and what is its sister area in BKK? Are you a nice person? Oilers or Habs fan? Wrong answers, you die. :D

Hmmm...You know,I don't see anything here that pertains to this post/thread?Exactly what are you contributing here other than your own self-serving rants/raves? :D

Why do you feel so threatened by me?Clearly you are a bitter Ex-Edmontonian and for that I apologise to all the Thai and farang members here,you are giving us(canad

ans with no axe to grind or cross to bear)a bad image

and I'm concerned about this...You are setting a bad example for the new members.

And to all the other members,sorry for this ,but some people have lost sight of what we are trying to get done here!

so,getting back on track...

another reason to move/travel to Thailand...escape your miseries-problems.perhaps Jet Gorgon can relate more than we'll ever know.

Yeah its not perfect here in Edmonton,but its a great place to leave when you are headed to Thailand!!

farangRussIam :bah:

Thanks for allowing me to contribute here.

:o:D:D Spoken like a true wimpy Canuck. Oh, is it ok if I exist in this space? I can pay and everything and volunteer to pick up the garbage...

Go to a psychie and delete all that drivel that's been driven into your head, honey.

You drive a pickup with turkey balls and shotgun rack accessories, FRI? What's the sound of snow crunching? What's a perogie? What is in West Edmonton Mall? Do you pick your nose? What is on 97th Street and what is its sister area in BKK? Are you a nice person? Oilers or Habs fan? Wrong answers, you die. :o

Hmmm...You know,I don't see anything here that pertains to this post/thread?Exactly what are you contributing here other than your own self-serving rants/raves? :bah:

Why do you feel so threatened by me?Clearly you are a bitter Ex-Edmontonian and for that I apologise to all the Thai and farang members here,you are giving us(canad

ans with no axe to grind or cross to bear)a bad image

and I'm concerned about this...You are setting a bad example for the new members.

And to all the other members,sorry for this ,but some people have lost sight of what we are trying to get done here!

so,getting back on track...

another reason to move/travel to Thailand...escape your miseries-problems.perhaps Jet Gorgon can relate more than we'll ever know.

Yeah its not perfect here in Edmonton,but its a great place to leave when you are headed to Thailand!!

farangRussIam ;)

:bah::D Oh, dear. I'm trying to get you to lighten up, Russbo. You have been brainwashed into paying half your wages to taxes, and then a good portion of what's left to people less fortunate than you, and then to say sorry for any little thing that you are part of even when it is not your fault, and then you've been indoctrinated to feel pity for anybody who doesn't own a parka. Lighten up! I will bash you as will other TV members until you learn how to chill and take a beating and a laugh. And, of course Edmonchuck isn't perfect, that's why you are leaving. :D

Has to be banking with out having to pay for every transaction and really good genuine service. At least at SCB that is!

Badbanker is crying into his double entry accounting and dreaming of all the charges he could access to the typical gulible Thai bank consumerS;)

...ah, this reminds me of another reason: A financially simplified life. Before I left my home country, I spent two or three evenings each month pouring over credit card statements, stock transactions, itemizing work expenses, etc. Tax time was a two-week marathon.

Here: no checks, use credit card once a year, and all the rest are cash transactions (usually only food, rent, and utilities). Can't get receipts upcountry most of the time anyway. I dumped Quicken two years ago, and just keep track of my bank balance via ATM--a practice I criticized about others most of my life. :o But talk about a lower stress level!

I will bash you as will other TV members until you learn how to chill and take a beating and a laugh.

Not in the general forum you won't Jet... unless you want a holiday.

Off-topic flames do not belong here and are in violation of the Forum Rules.

Respect the other members please.

I will bash you as will other TV members until you learn how to chill and take a beating and a laugh.

Please pardon my transgression, Jai Dee and TV members. Just wanted to lighten up the member's ideals. No personal harm intended.

90% of expats living/visiting here are single men. Why do you think they're here?

It aint for the Elephants, tropical plants, noodle soup and cheap taxis.

oh yes it is dgoz,

as i love noodle soup and the katoeys making it just crack me up every time i see them. :o

Thanks jai dee,

Apparantly my 'ideals' are for others to enlighten me about...hmmm the only enlightening I ask for, is what I receive from my studies in buddism.

so,without further ado...

another reason for travelling to/moving to Thailand:

being able to patronise a small family run business ,whom show their appreciation by giving you service for which you would clearly have to pay hundreds of dollars for back home--all for only a couple hundred baht a day!!

yes,Thailand is a very special place!

farangRussIam