Pattaya beach vendors warned over smoking, litter

Rimmer

Pattaya beach vendors warned over smoking, litter

image.png

PATTAYA:--Beach vendors were called on the carpet over their continued refusal to follow regulations on smoking and cleanliness.

Deputy Mayor Vichien Pongpanit presided over a Sept. 19 meeting at Pattaya School No. 8 where beach chair and umbrella vendors were told that they failed a recent inspection.

City officials found buckets of sand doubling as ash trays stored beside chairs and umbrellas at the end of the day, indicating vendors were allowing people to smoke on the sand instead of going to one of a dozen designated smoking areas.

Other equipment also was found hanging on tree branches while food scraps littered the area, feeding local rats.

City officials told the vendors to clean up their act, literally, or face heavy fines or revocation of their licenses.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-09-28

14 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Beach Road just gets worse and worse all the time. I wouldn't rent a chair from those soi dogs. They litter, smoke, and when they do clean their area, rake trash into the gulf. Awful, awful people. Just look at them.

Do you expect they'll take the affords to match their lives with those of higher-ranking primates?

12 hours ago, soistalker said:

Beach Road just gets worse and worse all the time. I wouldn't rent a chair from those soi dogs. They litter, smoke, and when they do clean their area, rake trash into the gulf. Awful, awful people. Just look at them.

I dont have a problem with them. Most people dont.  Its their country not yours. They are working hard to make a living.  Without them and the hawkers and vendors it would just be another boring beach.

• Like 1