Advice for hand-held document scanners

connda

I'm looking for advice from anyone who has used a hand-held document scanner.  How well do they work? 

I'm sort of worried that if your hands shake or you don't pull the scanner over the document precisely than you may get a bad image.  But I've never used one, so I simply don't know. 

Actually did not know they still made them - have been using flatbed and then multi function printers for the last decade or two.  Never had much luck with handheld but as said that was many, many years ago so expect software has greatly improved.  

On 9/29/2018 at 8:17 AM, WorriedNoodle said:

All smartphones have this app available and they work OK in decent light conditions.

Wow.  I did not know this being a smartphone challenged senior citizen.  Just loaded an Android scanning app.  I'm impressed!  I'll have to play around with different apps to see which works best, but this is good stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

As previous replies say, there are many scanner apps for smartphones. Get a document scanner, photo scanner and QR scanner app - and you'll be all set. For iOS, I'll recommend Camscanner for documents, Pic Scanner for photos, and QR Reader for bar codes. All three cost a few bucks, either upfront or in in-app purchases, but offer much better features and support than "free" apps (Which are never free anyway!)

Edited by Pidgin

As previous replies say, there are many scanner apps for smartphones. Get a document scanner, photo scanner and QR scanner app - and you'll be all set. For iOS, I'll recommend Camscanner for documents, Pic Scanner for photos, and QR Reader for bar codes. All three cost a few bucks, either upfront or in in-app purchases, but offer much better features and support than "free" apps (Which are never free anyway!)

iOS has an in- built scanner in Notes

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app