How much do you pay for your electric?

clarky cat

19 hours ago, blackhorse said:
20 hours ago, Finnc99 said:
Lolol, you people in this forum are so salty. Have to argue with everything. I use the aircon from average 7pm until 9am, fridge is always on, never use the TV it is actually unplugged.
If you actually looked at the government pricing you would realise it is actually less than 4baht. My aircon is brand new, so is the fridge. Fridge is on the lowest setting and aircon is mostly on 28 - at nights is on 26. 
And here is my receipt since your brain struggles to believe it.
43006825_170623403847643_7190018468912037888_n.jpg.33a1135b0fe8022ba0642a83f5bff875.jpg

Looks like a fan room bill... means nothing

Yes I have a very powerful fan. 

4 hours ago, balo said:

I can't see under 500 baht is possible if you use your air con 10 hours daily !  Are you sure you live there 30 days per month ? 

Maybe you just pop in for 1 week and impress us with your bill . 

No, usually around 25 days. Some days come back late so AC is on less.

Not trying to impress anyone, it's only a bill.

Two bedroomed soi house with living, meals and kitchen. 

Use one LG aircon in the bedroom sat on 27, mostly fan.

Usual fan and fridge, tv, washing machine, and pump from the mains holding tank. Lights.

The bill is around 1,100 every month.

9 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Get you figures correct before critisizing others. NO WAY can ANY a/c on 12 hours a day use less than your bill. Even if it only uses average 500 watts (0.5 units) per hour x 12 hours x 30 days = 180 units x 3.6 = 648 Bht. 

7 hours ago, steve73 said:

When I installed a small A/C in my bedroom (after a couple of years using only fans) my bill only increased by around 300bt /month.  A/C was only on for around 8-10 hours, at 28 C, and was cycling perhaps no more than 20% of the time (except during the really hot season). 

Of course everything else, well & irrigation pumps, shower, fridge, lights, etc. was already using around 2x that, but I was surprised how little extra the A/C used.  I later bought a small upright fridge/freezer and the bill again went up by a similar amount - this time surprised by how much it had increased. 

It's not possible, 0.5 units an hour X 9 hours X 30 days = 135 units X 3.6 = 486 baht.

Hey wgdanson, we got another failed maths teacher over here!????

On 10/1/2018 at 9:10 AM, clarky cat said:

Did a 1 day test yesterday - 6 hours of aircon (28c) used 9 units of electricity

So 9 x 30 (days) x 8 (unit price) = 2160 baht a month

Seems excessive for such low usage. Only other electric used is laptop, hot shower and 1 light

Think i'll buy a fan.

Some AC units are not economical to run.

Btus is one thing  but it's the kw they are chewing to provide the cool luxury. 

The newer ones are more gentle on the wallet when it's time to pay the power bill.

I have two reasonably new LG's

But the Panasonic and a few others certainly run economically. 

Consider having a service and a re gas.

Makes a huge difference and a big bill person would get it back in the first bill, or two. 

1kwh is one unit on the meter.

4 baht approx. 

So if you have a huge kw AC and it's running 50% efficiency, it's using twice the power it should. 

Think about it. 

My bill went from 1900 down to 1200 after the AC was serviced.

Edited by dallen52
More info.

On 10/2/2018 at 6:02 AM, Kwarium said:

Btw- One apartment cost me extra in electricity bills due to the guy next door wiring his fridge outlet into the back of my wall outlet without me knowing! 

The fridge is a big consumer of electricity and in return it produces more heat in the room it's located. 

A combination of newer type fridge located away from the AC, plus a modern air conditioning unit can half your bill every month. 

Keeping the neighbours from tapping in also helps heaps. ????

Very large 2 story house with 2 a/c in the downstairs plus a/c in all bedrooms. Ceiling fans going pretty continuously, large refrigerator.  In addition, a second (non-a/c) house next door (worker's residence- also 2 stories but 1 BR and no a/c; does hvae ceiling & other fans plus fridge) is also on my meter.

Bill varies greatly by season, from a low of under maybe 1,500 - 1,800 in the cool dry season to as much as 6-7,000 in the hottest months (a/c use plus water pump going to water to garden, also have large garden)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

The fridge is a big consumer of electricity and in return it produces more heat in the room it's located. 

A combination of newer type fridge located away from the AC, plus a modern air conditioning unit can half your bill every month. 

Keeping the neighbours from tapping in also helps heaps. ????

Maybe we should ask how much @Finnc99 neighbors in the next room pay? ????

Odd how malfunctioning meters can either spike the usage or reduce it to nil. Upcountry a meter reader comes around and collects for the bill on the spot using a nifty little bill printer. One granny owed zero per month for well over a year! She even tried to tell them it must be wrong, with no action taken. Finally, the meter got replaced and her bill went back to normal, 600-800 Bt unless family was visiting.

Another next door neighbor (different building from the moocher) had his bill go to 5000 per month and got them to change the meter. Back to normal he said, don’t recall how much, but it was a 60sq.m. one room apartment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnc99 said:

Yes sir, that was with two Aircon units on 24/7. Only 8 units! 

Impressive right?

Impressive bullshiiit. Go on and tell us you get 24 km/litre from your Fortuna as well. And you go to a bar where a big Singha is 20 Bht.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 1

If people want to get seriously into the cost of electricity here, there are gadgets you can buy that show your usage at any time. 

Or get a qualified sparky to put a meter on and switch things on and off.

You will soon see the load/usage and obviously a little bit of maths (which looks rusty on here today) and you can see instantly what the cost is going to be...

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

Some AC units are not economical to run.

Btus is one thing  but it's the kw they are chewing to provide the cool luxury. 

The newer ones are more gentle on the wallet when it's time to pay the power bill.

I have two reasonably new LG's

But the Panasonic and a few others certainly run economically. 

Consider having a service and a re gas.

Makes a huge difference and a big bill person would get it back in the first bill, or two. 

1kwh is one unit on the meter.

4 baht approx. 

So if you have a huge kw AC and it's running 50% efficiency, it's using twice the power it should. 

Think about it. 

My bill went from 1900 down to 1200 after the AC was serviced.

Re-gas is a myth and simply means your unit is leaking refrigerant. Yes, the unit will work better, briefly, but there is a good chance the  unit suffers from excessive wear if it has been used for long without proper amounts of refrigerant.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nice Boyd said:

I was just about to move into this place and the last question I asked before signing was how much Electricity 15b a unit , <deleted>, Bye

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

find a descent landlord not a peasant landlord that needs to rob you on your electric. they should be shot

Edited by catman20
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Finnc99 said:

Yes sir, that was with two Aircon units on 24/7. Only 8 units! 

Impressive right?

You can team up with Donald Trump , you both try to make fake news become real news.  Good luck with that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, moontang said:

Re-gas is a myth and simply means your unit is leaking refrigerant. Yes, the unit will work better, briefly, but there is a good chance the  unit suffers from excessive wear if it has been used for long without proper amounts of refrigerant.

In the sense that they differ from a car in the possibility of leaking, yes.

If it's an unknown quantity in that it may have been moved or an unknown quality of install,  it may be flogging itself for little output. 

I've seen many pulled out at condos and replaced, lines re routed from the outdoor unit.

Some partial loss of refrigerant is possible. 

Some companies are saying five to seven years and update the technology. 

Not going to happen here in the land of smiles. 

Edited by dallen52