How much do you pay for your electric?

clarky cat

About 600 bht a month after reducing my power usage from 1600 bht a month after throwing out 2 yo Panasonic Fridge and replacing with a electrolux fridge, with bedroom aircon going about 8 hrs every night, only a fan during the day, cnr condo 5th flr facing sth, sthwest, hot water system bathroom and kitchen,pretty darn good I reckon. 

• Confused 1

1200 Baht during cool season - 2800 during hottest of the hot season

Single story, insulated ceilings, steel roof, shade trees.  1 of 2 18k btu inverter acs runs 14 hours a day (23-24C). Both run on dehumidify for 2 hours a day during raining season.   1 9k btu (non inverter) AC 8 hours a day (22C). Don’t use hot water at all mid Oct to mid Feb. 1 large refrig and one small one.  One washing machine about 5 days a week. House pump, well pump, and irrigation pump during dry season. 2 TVs in evening, 1 during the day.  

in pattaya--i pay 3.2484 baht per unit, plus a very small service charge.

my usual monthly bill is under 320 baht per mth..

i dont need aircond in high level cnr condo--dont watch much tv-unplug when not in use, not much cooking--very little use of lights-occasional use of fan==easily done like this over many mths.

i own my own power meter,so the account is direct with PEA..

the extra expense in buying my condo with sea breeze--has been well worth it.

regular use of aircond, is very unhealthy..plus expensive..

12 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:
23 hours ago, Crossy said:

Government rate (about 4 Baht), 5-6,000 per month depending upon aircon and plant watering (3HP and 2HP pumps).

Wow!

4.5 Baht/kWh, 500 to 700 Baht a day depending on season.

3.59 baht a unit inc of 7% tax with 1 A/C on for around 2 hours in the evening in the living room then another A/C for 3 hours in the bedroom when we go to bed. Normally around 550 baht a month. Village water at 10 baht per 1000 litres which we rarely use as we have a well. Most I have paid was about 30 baht when watering the grass and washing the car.

6-7k baht a month average, one ac always on (have eight units) 3 fridges, swimming pool pump, pay government rates, water is only 100 baht, as have well for garden watering, quite happy with that, feel quite frugal compared to friends who live in Bangkok and have 3,500 baht for water and ~15k for electric.

Had to ask the wife what we paid. We have three a/cs, but use one of them 24/7, at 22c-24c. B2,700-B3,000/mo. When we use two a/cs, approx 36/7, B4200/mo. Never used three a/cs enough to see. We have coffee maker, toaster, three fluorescent lights, and two electric water heaters in use daily. Two laptops and a desk lamp on 16-18/7; video or audio system and large ceiling fan on 24/7.  

2 hours ago, Oztruckie said:

About 600 bht a month after reducing my power usage from 1600 bht a month after throwing out 2 yo Panasonic Fridge and replacing with a electrolux fridge, with bedroom aircon going about 8 hrs every night, only a fan during the day, cnr condo 5th flr facing sth, sthwest, hot water system bathroom and kitchen,pretty darn good I reckon. 

Bht 600 is 150 units a month at 4 Bht per unit. That's 5, yes 5 units a day. If you have an a/c on 8 hours every night cycling at say 500 watts average, that's 4 of your units. A floor fan takes 50 watts, fridge about the same, electric showers are 3kW, I think your meter is broken....ask for a new one !

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Had to ask the wife what we paid. We have three a/cs, but use one of them 24/7, at 22c-24c. B2,700-B3,000/mo. When we use two a/cs, approx 36/7, B4200/mo. Never used three a/cs enough to see. We have coffee maker, toaster, three fluorescent lights, and two electric water heaters in use daily. Two laptops and a desk lamp on 16-18/7; video or audio system and large ceiling fan on 24/7.  

You say you use one a/c 24/7. And two a/c's 36/7.....there are only 24 hours in a day ! Why is your video & audio system on 24/7?

Edited by wgdanson

9 hours ago, clarky cat said:

Did a 1 day test yesterday - 6 hours of aircon (28c) used 9 units of electricity

So 9 x 30 (days) x 8 (unit price) = 2160 baht a month

Seems excessive for such low usage. Only other electric used is laptop, hot shower and 1 light

Think i'll buy a fan.

It's the 8 Bht unit price that's knackering you up. That's DOUBLE the legal price.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Bht 600 is 150 units a month at 4 Bht per unit. That's 5, yes 5 units a day. If you have an a/c on 8 hours every night cycling at say 500 watts average, that's 4 of your units. A floor fan takes 50 watts, fridge about the same, electric showers are 3kW, I think your meter is broken....ask for a new one !

Think your only pulling numbers outa your ass, you don't know any of the characteristics of the room, or the size of the unit, or any water heater usage, or any fridge details,you just like to write stuff for the hell of it. 

I have an app on my phone called ECAS into which I put my meter readings (I pass the meter when I take the dog for a piddle every morning). It is so easy to track what you are using an see what the bill will be at the end of the month. However, some folk are in a 'better' position than me and CAN rack up a 7-8-9000 baht lekky bill.

9 minutes ago, Oztruckie said:

Think your only pulling numbers outa your ass, you don't know any of the characteristics of the room, or the size of the unit, or any water heater usage, or any fridge details,you just like to write stuff for the hell of it. 

No need to get offensive. I simply did some O level maths calculations. NO WAY you can only pay Bht 600 a month/ 5 units per day if you are running an aircon, fridge, shower, fan. Or you could tell us the room characteristics, BTU rate of the a/c, how long and often do you shower, make and size of fridge. Then maybe I shall have to put the numbers back up my a...s.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

You say you use one a/c 24/7. And two a/c's 36/7.....there are only 24 hours in a day !

Well, you see the numbers are cumulative use.

We use a/c 24/7. We have three a/cs, let's call them #1, #2, and #3.

We alternate the use of both #1--in the third-floor bedroom--and #2--in the second-floor living room--approximately 12 hours each daily.

When guests are over, they may use #3--in the second floor bedroom--for 12 hours.

#1  12 hours a day

#2  12 hours a day

#3  12 hours a day

Total a/c use/day = 36hours/day

Edit, forgot this question: The video or audio are on 24/7 because I like background noise 24/7.  

Edited by smotherb
  • Like 1