Stayed away from my TM30 registered address

Hello, 

The family and I had the weekend staying at a beach resort down from where we live. We stayed in the same province. 

Do I need to go to immigration this morning and report that we are back at the address. 

If no, then, in 2 weeks time, for the October half term school holidays we are going to drive down to Koh Samui for a week and stay in a resort. This will be out of province for us. 

Will we need to report to immigration when we return? 

Many thanks. 

To be honest , I would call in and speak to your immigration officer and ask him/her what they require. 

Different offices require different things.

Mine in Ratchaburi told me not to bother as I was still returning to my previously registered address.

Other offices may be the opposite.

• Like 1

Hi Troniccrypt.

Did you register in your name or your wife's? If it was in your wife's name then forget it. No one is even aware that you left home.

As far as your future trip goes, I agree with NE1, check your Imm office. We've done numerous trips away from home and nearly always use my wife's ID for registration. On the odd occasion when they have requested my passport, I still haven't bothered to report to head teacher to let him know I'm back and nothing has ever come of it. I've got no time for this bureaucratic nonsense.

Have a good holiday.

ML

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unless the resort reports your stay and your local immigration office goes into the database where the reports are kept they would never know you stayed someplace else. Only the most pedant offices bother checking it.

What office do your report to?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I report to Hua Hin immigration office.

The last time I went there to file a Tm28 after travelling away, they told me no to bother as I am covered by the TM30. 

It can get confusing with ensuring you stay compliant. 

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Did you register in your name or your wife's? If it was in your wife's name then forget it. No one is even aware that you left home.

I supplied all our passports, all UK passports, to the resort. They seemed to scan the visa and and even the report notifications stapled into the back and do some fiddling on a computer with them. 

5 minutes ago, troniccrypt said:

I don't think they are one of the offices that go looking to see if any hotels and etc did a online report of your arrival.

Unless you change addresses is the only time most offices want a TM28 report.

Went to Bangkok for three days last week, first time I'd been away from my residence since getting the 12 month ext based on marriage. Upon returning went to my local immigration office (Nan) to check if they needed anything. They said no, only interested if I was returning after leaving the country. But as other posters have said here and in other threads, seems to vary by office.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, troniccrypt said:

The last time I went there to file a Tm28 after travelling away, they told me no to bother as I am covered by the TM30. 

It can get confusing with ensuring you stay compliant. 

The TM28 is only for registering a new permanent residential address.

It's the TM30 that some offices request refiling after exiting and re-entering the Country.

According to my office, providing you stay within Thailand and will only use a hotel or private residence for a short temporary stay as a break, providing your returning to your permanent residence there is no further need to report to anyone.

Although Section 37 - 4 states; 'If the alien travels to any province and will stay there longer than twenty – four hours , such alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within forty – eight hours from the time of arrival'...……. don't bother, they won't have a clue what your talking about!

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

So I made the trip to the Hua Hin immigration. 

They said no need to report anything. That even when I leave the country and come back it is ok as I/we are always returning to the same address. 

Then I asked about having a different Tm6 if I leave the country and return and they said that if my address is the same on the new Tm6 as it was on the previous TM6 then it is OK. 

I am getting worried that things are getting lost in translation.... 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

This was the same scenario when I went to Malaysia. I was away for the week , did a re-entry permit with my Immi. office in Ratchaburi.

They said there is no need to report when I return , as long as I am still at my registered address.

Just along these lines. I handed in my first ever TM30 form in 2016 , first time I had been asked to do so.

The following year I filled a new one in when I went to do my yearly extension.

The officer asked me if I had moved , I told him that I hadn't , so he told me it was not necessary to do another one.

Hey , who am I to argue.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless the resort reports your stay and your local immigration office goes into the database where the reports are kept they would never know you stayed someplace else. Only the most pedant offices bother checking it.

Good afternoon,

I am on a non B with yearly extension. If I go for a weekend to another province and stay in a hotel under my own name, do I have to report myself to Phuket imm upon return ?

Edited by meinphuket

7 minutes ago, meinphuket said:

I am on a non B with yearly extension. If I go for a weekend to another province and stay in a hotel under my own name, do I have to report myself to Phuket imm upon return ?

I don't recall any reports of Phuket immigration wanting a report if you are reported by a hotel here.

They only want one if you leave an re-enter the country or change your address.

23 minutes ago, troniccrypt said:

They said no need to report anything. That even when I leave the country and come back it is ok as I/we are always returning to the same address. 

Then I asked about having a different Tm6 if I leave the country and return and they said that if my address is the same on the new Tm6 as it was on the previous TM6 then it is OK. 

This is incredibly confusing. I was all ready to file a new TM-30 when I returned from Cambodia. I remembered that I had made two other trips to Cambodia and those had never been mentioned on subsequent trips to immigration. The more I try to comply, the more confusing it gets.

• Like 1

it isn't only Immigration offices not being consistent with what is actually a Countrywide rule, but the Hotel managements everywhere as well. In the last 12 months I have stayed in many hotels and resorts but registration there was only required of my Thai wife who was the one that did the booking! Not interested in me at all!

Prior to this when I myself did the booking, I was registered on arrival for notification to Immigration.

As long as you do not leave the country, and according to the immigration office in Chonburi (Jomtien). You are covered by your 90-day report. It is however up to your host, it could be a hotel or a private person, that within 24 hours from your arrival to tell the closest immigration office or police station that you live there. If they fail to do this, the fee is on them, not on you.

Well to add to the original question, if you have already done a tm 30 and you leave the country for lets say 6 months, when returning at the airport state your original tm 30 address, would that not cover you from reporting at the office you home provincial immigration office upon returning home?

My two penneth - for what its worth. I was concerned about a similar situation where I've stayed away from my registered address 3 times on this trip. I was advised to use my Thai driving licence to check in to the hotels on the trips I made.  That way, I was told, would prevent any new registrations from cancelling the original as, in theory, they can't register me using the TM number because they don't have it.  All 3 hotels I stayed at let me check in without a passport, using my driving licence.  I will no doubt find out if there are any problems on Wednesday as I'm going to Korat Immigration for an extension.

10 hours ago, troniccrypt said:

Stop worrying went to Laos last year for 5 days, same response from CM immigration back to same addresss no problem. You didn't leave the country.

I asked at Jomtiem immigration, and she said to only report if you leave the country and return. If you go to a hotel/resort within Thailand, they will inform immigration that you have stayed there.  

The assumption is that after the stay in hotel, you will return home etc etc. 

17 minutes ago, anfh said:

I asked at Jomtiem immigration, and she said to only report if you leave the country and return. If you go to a hotel/resort within Thailand, they will inform immigration that you have stayed there.  

The assumption is that after the stay in hotel, you will return home etc etc. 

Dead opposite in Buriram Immigration.

It had always been accepted that if you passed through an immigration entry point, you were deemed to have ‘reported’ your address by virtue of completing a TM6 card.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Dead opposite in Buriram Immigration.

It had always been accepted that if you passed through an immigration entry point, you were deemed to have ‘reported’ your address by virtue of completing a TM6 card.

You've complied with section 37 of the Act by reporting your intended residence (TM6), but not Section 38 which requires the housemaster to report your arrival at said address. that is if your IO enforce filing again after leaving the Country.

The irregularities of various IO requirements cause the confusion.

As I've always maintained, only your own IO can advise on their expected requirements.

What anyone else has to do in a different Province and different IO is irrelevant.

If in doubt, file a new TM30.

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

I need to sign up for it online. Anyone have the TM30 check in link for Chiang Mai? My next trip in and out with guests leaves me zero time to go check in personally. 

Usually only available for hotels and guesthouses.

Immigration set up your username and password and it's all in Thai.

6 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

No not true. 

You cannot set it up online.

Only your Immigration can set it up.

Although some individuals have been set up to use the online system, it's not a common practice.

You'll have to visit CM IO and ask them.

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You cannot set it up online.

Only your Immigration can set it up.

Although some individuals have been set up to use the online system, it's not a common practice.

You'll have to visit CM IO and ask them.

Someone said there is now a user friendly version in English. An IO also told me I could do it or my wife could do it online way back when, but that was pulling teeth asking the wife to do it. I will look and see if I can find the site and link.