Alternatives to CM RAM for dermatology surgery?

stargazer9999

I got an estimate from CM Ram for a minor dermatologic surgery procedure that I consider excessive.  No surprise there.  At least it's a reference price.  Does anyone have any recommendations for dermatology surgery at other hospitals in Chiang Mai?  I'm guessing Bangkok Hospital would have a similar price or even be higher.  Lanna?  Other hospitals?  Private clinics?

Thanks.

Lanna would be a similar price as they are the same ownership. Sriphat would be even more. Dr. Siri has a clinic there now but the prices are to the moon. The well-established doctors won't do procedures in their clinics as they insist on sending everything to the lab for biopsy due to liability issues. You might try McCormick, but they too had a price increase. There are lots of skin clinics but many are owned by doctors only a year out of school. There are a couple old, run down dermatology clinics around the city owned by older doctors but no idea if they are any good.

I agree with Khun Elektrified that prices for the services of Dr. Siri (highly recommended here for many years, by many, including me) at Maharaj are now much higher.

Whether a GP will do what you need, outside a hospital, will depend on specifics of your condition, location, required size/depth of the cut, etc.

If your problem requires plastic surgery, please search this forum for posts on Dr. Somboon, the dean of northern Thai plastic surgeons.

best wishes, ~o:37'

Lady doctor who is CMU Med School instructor had (have not checked recently) a dermotology clinic and did surgery there at reasonable/lower prices.  Good friend had a couple of surgeries done by her with good results.  Chiang Klan Road to CM Land Road and turn right of course.  In the first or second block, think it is the first, on the right side is her clinic, open late afternoon and early evening.

I will say this much....having required a couple of procedures recently that my insurance would not cover, I price-shopped at all the hospitals in which my surgeon practices, and Chiang Mai Ram was the cheapest. I checked at Sriphat, Bangkok Hospital, and C.M. Ram. Bangkok Hospital was by far the most expensive at almost 80%! higher, followed by Sriphat, and Chiang Mai Ram being the cheapest. Also, C.M. Ram was the only one who was open to negotiation beyond the already lower fee. They contacted me about 4 times offering adjustments and further discounts to have the procedures there. Sriphat is still an excellent resource of excellent medical professionals, but everything has gone way, way up in price over the years. Also, Suan Dok (government hospital) is not much cheaper than Sriphat for certain procedures. I needed a specific MRI and Sriphat was 25,500 Baht while Suan Dok was only a little less at 20,500 Baht (and the wait was almost 4 months).

Archived