flying Economy from CNX

Mekong Bob

No experiences only from the desktop.

No Emirates, only Qatar flies directly from Chiang Mai (to Doha) westward. Four flights weekly.

All other direct international flights go south or east (like Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul as major destinations) on other airlines. Tons of Chinese destinations.

Qatar does not offer premium economy, just standard economy and business.

Tiny tin can (A319), economy seating is not thrilling.

What is your preferred final destination?

I flew with them today inbound to Chiang Mai, via a 1 hour fuel stop in Myanmar. 

Plane is an A319, not too much space. Important to note is the lack of entertainment systems in economy class. You can stream media to your own device after installing their app. 

In-flight service was excellent. Our plane was fully packed. 

2 minutes ago, stephankn said:

via a 1 hour fuel stop in Myanmar.

Interesting note.

"technical stop" they label it.

Quite unusual these days particularly as even a standard A319 should make the Doha - Bangkok distance?

Flew CNX to DOH and back early this year, no stop on the way. Final destination for me was LHR. I'd recommend booking on the 9am flight out of LHR on the return, the 10am flight is a tight transfer in DOH, and if you miss it it's a long BKK alternative.

Korean is the best gig out of CNX...the bad news is there are quite a few Koreans on the flights...all in dire need of their flag man.  Cathay's affiliate will take you to HKG...might be better for Western US.  Apparently, ANA has been ruined..based on recent experiences.

1 hour ago, johnoko said:

EVA does CNX- Taipei and from there you can fly to most major airports in North America. And they offer 30Kg luggage. Find they offer good value for money with good srvice 

Seems to be another better option to Cali....seems like it is usually 200 USD more to use CNX than BKK with them, though.  Quickest trip was Air China through PEK....plane was older than me...but loved the Dollar beers from the sundry shop...and a free shower.  UAL might be getting a little better, but the others have gotten quite a bit worse.

1 hour ago, johnoko said:

EVA does CNX- Taipei and from there you can fly to most major airports in North America. And they offer 30Kg luggage. Find they offer good value for money with good srvice 

Do they offer economy deluxe from CNX?

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve flown on the EVA flights to TPE and back several time since July. The equipment is an A321 with only 8 business class seats and the rest economy. My flights consistently arrived early, only about 3.5 hours in duration. The layover times to and from SFO are quite reasonable as well.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

31 minutes ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

The A319 will change to a Dreamliner towards the end of October(don't know the exact date)

Due to their schedule, Sunday, October 28 will be the first flight with the Dreamliner (787-8) from Chiang Mai.

(the usual change from "summer" to "winter" schedule)

Archived