Commission unveils 3 proposed Bangkok election maps

snoop1130

Commission unveils 3 proposed Bangkok election maps

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

201607220935096-20150302111756-1024x576-696x423.jpg

Elementary school students participate in a mock election to learn about democracy on July 22, 2017, in Samut Songkhram province.

BANGKOK — The Election Commission on Thursday unveiled three new proposed electoral constituency maps for Bangkok.

The three are being subjected to public feedback before one is adopted for the next general elections expected in February next year.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/10/04/commission-unveils-3-proposed-bangkok-election-maps/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-10-4

They might even inject into the youngsters that BKK voting districts and and supposed prowess have little influence on said elections - that honour might be extended to all up country and down country. 

Bangkok sits in it's own little status quo shell and has little pull anymore, as it once did. 

"Under the new election law for members of parliament, the number of MPs in Bangkok was reduced from 33 to 30, requiring constituencies to be redrawn."

Any "new" law election that gets is passed by the current rubber stamp legislature, regardless of its motivation, can taint the election.  Not say it is not tainted already with the gag order still in place and little p gallivanting around the country.       

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Elementary school students participate in a mock election to learn about democracy on July 22, 2017

Then in (allegedly) February 2019 all Thai eligible voters will participate in another mock election to learn why democracy is really absent in Thailand.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, yellowboat said:

"Under the new election law for members of parliament, the number of MPs in Bangkok was reduced from 33 to 30, requiring constituencies to be redrawn."

Any "new" law election that gets is passed by the current rubber stamp legislature, regardless of its motivation, can taint the election.  Not say it is not tainted already with the gag order still in place and little p gallivanting around the country.       

Now do tell me what your problem is with giving less power to BKK voters ? I mean I would think it would help your side. Before BKK had more MP's more power.. now less. BKK usually does not vote PTP. So in a way this is NOT a problem for PTP. 

I actually see no problems with them reducing the influence BKK has. 

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

Now do tell me what your problem is with giving less power to BKK voters ? I mean I would think it would help your side. Before BKK had more MP's more power.. now less. BKK usually does not vote PTP. So in a way this is NOT a problem for PTP. 

I actually see no problems with them reducing the influence BKK has. 

No, but it gives other parties possible call to complain. Even those Bangkok Yellow who helped this military fiasco attain power, as confused and empty headed as they are, should not feel marginalized in the coming election.     Have no patience for them, but they should be shown the error of their ways through a fair election. 

9 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

No, but it gives other parties possible call to complain. Even those Bangkok Yellow who helped this military fiasco attain power, as confused and empty headed as they are, should not feel marginalized in the coming election.     Have no patience for them, but they should be shown the error of their ways through a fair election. 

So what.. there will always be something to complain about on both sides.. real or imaginary.

Nobody likes to lose and they always blame the other side for perceived injustices.