Another black eye for Pattaya’s sewer system

Rimmer

6 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I used to live in Patts at the top of khao Talo, and the water supply was definately unhealthy all year round, irrespectivwe of rainfall.

When the faucet was turned on, and even left running for several minutes, the water was not cvlearr, and resembled a weak green tea in colour.

When the large underground storage tank ( 2000 L ) had a problem, and the cover was removed OMG ! the sides of the tank had a thick slimy deposit similar to Oil all over the sides.

Disgusting, and not even healthy for a shower IMO

I'm not talking about the quality of the water but the lack of it when there is no rain for a long time during dry season.  If the water was not clear that may be a problem with the tank in that location.  The water doesn't look dirty when I turn on the tap at home and when I got to various public restrooms around town.  I wouldn't drink it though and always brush my teeth with bottled water.  

Before I trash the sewer system of Pattaya,I have to be honest here and give Thailand the credit it deserves in another aspect.When your plane is descending onto the Bangkok airport, you can't miss the beautiful skyline of buildings and a proper highways with sufficient greenery and almost no shanty towns, no Brasilian favela style slums, or completely covered hilltops with makeshift houses  like you see many cities of the world. This must be cultural plus for Thailand.

Well done!

But something happens when you go south of Bangkok and arrive in Pattaya. You run into Trash mounds,mess, no sidewalks to walk on without running into a pole, metal sign, partially or fully annexed by a business, a ditch, uneven surface, wires hanging or bolts sticking out of the concrete, horrific overhead "spaghetti wire superhighway", unfriendly and intimidating taxi and motorbike drivers, sewage, an unfinished mess of a marina which even the 4th world Banana Republics of the tiny Caribbean island nations have been able to build their own to completion to function well and finally the now-usual floods that happen almost every week.

Why???

This is a city with a population of a MERE 320,262. Google it. Add the tourist population of 500,000 and you got 800k.

That's a population of a little friendly city in many parts of the world.

This ain't rocket-science. How hard can it be to turn this city into a more livable place?

WHY CAN'T THEY INSTALL A COUPLE OF 2-METER DIAMETER PIPES AND SEPARATE THE SANITARY AND THE STORM SEWERS, AND PUMP THE DAMN SANITARY S#IT 2KM OUT IN THE OCEAN INSTEAD OF ALLOWING IT FLOW OUT OF EACH CATCH-BASIN AND FLOOD THE STREETS AND ALL OVER THE PLACE WITH IT?!

Edited by pattayadude