Culture Ministry Launches The '10 Commandments Of Love'

george

Many couples registering their marriage in Bang Rak

The atmosphere in Bang Rak in Bangkok on Valentine’s Day (Feb 14) is vibrant as many couples are registering their marriage in this district. Hence, the term “rak” in Thai means “love”.

Today, Narai Hotel in Bang Rak is organizing an event for many lovers to register their marriage. The event is also being held to celebrate the hotel’s 100th anniversary in Bang Rak. Moreover, this is the “Pig Year” according to the Chinese calendar, and it symbolizes prosperity and long-lasting love.

The first couple of this event, Mr. Boonme Boonrangsri and Mrs. Yanipa, is the first couple to register their marriage today following the lucky draw as there are many pairs who would like to be the first as well. Mr. Boonme and Mrs Yanipa said they were waiting in front of the event since 4 AM.

This year, 26 couples will be able to engage in the authentic Thai-style wedding ceremony in Bang Rak to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Narai Hotel. Mr. Pongsak Semsan, the Permanent Secretary for the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), presided over the ceremony.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 14 Febuary 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great list from the wonderfully caring Culture Ministry.

In brackets, however, is what the average Bangkokian male teenager is gonna think!

1. Love with patience, so as not to become a premature parent

(Geez, the last thing i wanna do is get her pregnant, as for the patience bit, i always try to make it last 20 minutes)

2. Truly love only one person

(Must be joking, i prefer five on the go!)

3. Love with mercy, trying not to hurt the one you love.

(Too right, i never tell her about me other girlfriends!)

4. Carefully love to avoid taking risks that might lead to contracting sexual diseases

(Good one. I always make love carefully, slowly does it and the condom won't break)

5. Love with honour, waiting until the proper time to have sex

(Yeah...i honour my parents wishes by not letting them know. I wait for my parents to go to bed before going for a quickie in dad's shed)

6. Love in accordance with custom

(Not sure about the customs bit, but i definetly like her in a few different 'costumes')

7. Love reasonably, not taking sexual advantage of your lover

(I'm always darned reasonable. One on one is enough, ive never asked for her younger sister to join in too - though i wouldn't mind)

8. Love permanently, without defaming the one you love

(Permanently! I got me eyes permanently fixed on those lusty techno girls down the road)

9. Love honestly, believing in your partner

(As for believing, i'm always telling me darlings to believe that im not playing around)

10. Love with understanding, forgiveness and without anger

(I try not to get angry but if she's 10 minutes late to our date, i give her a kick up the bum

Edited by stevesuphan

SDHA cooperates with Metro Police to monitor dormitories and motels on Valentine’s Day

Ministry of Social Development and Human Security (SDHS) has cooperated with the Metropolitan Police Bureau will strictly monitor dormitories and motels on the night of Valentine’s Day.

Wallop Ploythabthim (วัลลภ พลอยทับทิม), the permanent secretary of SDHS revealed that SDHS and the police will focus on monitoring dormitories, motels, entertainment venues, and public parks in five risky areas in Bangkok, including Thonburi, Phranakorn, Ratchadaphisek, Sukhumvit, and Kaset Nawamin (เกษตรนวมินทร์).

The officials will also make sure that alcohol dealers do not sell alcohol to those younger than 18 years old entertainment venues do not allow those younger than 20 years old to enter the places. As for hotels and motels, they have to register all of their guests on the night of Valentine’s Day or else they will face legal charges.

In addition, the minister invites people to do good things to their beloved ones, including their family and other people in the society. He also calls for people to make merits for His Majesty the King on the occasion of his 80th birthday anniversary this year.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 14 Febuary 2007