Any Info On House Price?

Having bought land in Udon Thani a few years ago we are now ready to build our retirement home.After reading many of the post`s on the site we have decided to build our house to a plan of the government web site: www.dpt.go.th/04work/house_model/doc_house.html

We are going to build design number 13. We noted on the site that the price was 1,641,490THB, my wife tells me that this was the price about 4 years ago.We would like to know what the price today would be and approx labour cost`s. Any other info would be most welcome.

Hi,

I'm not familiar with that plan, but we are building house plan #5 (two story) in Sattahip which is slightly cheaper than yours. This is a great service because if you stick to the main features of the plan, it's easy to get approval. Having said that, if you are out of the city you may not even need approval.

Anyway, the material costs are very close to those in the plan. On the advice of the construction company supervisor (who is in love with my sister-in-law so we get special treatment!) we cut both the material costs of flooring (tiles), bathrooms, and a few other things because a construction company will go with the cheapest products wherever they can - that is, wherever the quality is not spelled out in the plan. So if you want to upgrade floor tiles, sinks, and maybe lighting you should consider that.

In case it isn't clear, in our case our contract with the builder includes materials. Maybe you could contract for just the labour and buy all the materials yourself. Be prepared to be at the site every day if you go that route.

Keep in mind the foundation, driveway, and exterior wall is not included in those plans.

Labour costs for our house construction are close to 300,000 baht.

Let me know if I can provide any other info.

Peter

Having bought land in Udon Thani a few years ago we are now ready to build our retirement home.After reading many of the post`s on the site we have decided to build our house to a plan of the government web site: www.dpt.go.th/04work/house_model/doc_house.html

We are going to build design number 13. We noted on the site that the price was 1,641,490THB, my wife tells me that this was the price about 4 years ago.We would like to know what the price today would be and approx labour cost`s. Any other info would be most welcome.

Hi,

I'm not familiar with that plan, but we are building house plan #5 (two story) in Sattahip which is slightly cheaper than

Are you sure about the number on the house plans? #5 is a very small thai house.

http://www.dpt.go.th/04work/house_model/detail/no05.html

If it's a typo, which one are you building? Interested in seeing what one would get for 1.6 mil

Man, visiting these sites is so painful - I wish Thais would learn not to load up their home page with so many images. OK - our house is #11 on the site although on the plans it says #5 http://subweb.dpt.go.th/pip/house_model/framehome.html. We closed off the carpark area to make another room there, and a couple of other changes.

I neglected to say we also cut the price of painting from the contract for the reasons about quality that I stated previously. I am going by memory (always dangerous in my case!) - if you want exact prices for the labour, etc, let me know and I'll ask the wife. She's the one that is in charge of building it (and just about everything else ;-)

Peter

Hi,

I'm not familiar with that plan, but we are building house plan #5 (two story) in Sattahip which is slightly cheaper than

Are you sure about the number on the house plans? #5 is a very small thai house.

http://www.dpt.go.th/04work/house_model/detail/no05.html

If it's a typo, which one are you building? Interested in seeing what one would get for 1.6 mil

• 11 months later...

post-36548-1202826888_thumb.jpg

We built # 11 two years ago, with an additional bedroom added, foam roof insulation, granite porches, stairways and vanities, enclosed showers, and an expanded master bedroom, quality roof tiles and floor tiles, exterior lighting...and the exterior wall enclosing two houses......For around 2 million.

• 6 months later...