Thailand will hold February election, Prayut tells Shinzo Abe

webfact

Thai Premier Reiterates 2019 Poll Schedule in Abe Meeting

By Anuchit Nguyen

>> Prayuth Chan-Ocha reaffirms February to May vote time-line

>> Thailand has been run by military government since 2014 coup

Thailand will hold a general election in February, Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-Ocha told Japan Premier Shinzo Abe during a meeting in Tokyo.

“Prime Minister Prayuth assured that the Thai government has progressed on the path to sustainable democracy,” Prayuth said, according to a statement from the Southeast Asian nation’s military administration. “There will be an election in February.”

Prayuth, who seized power in a coup in May 2014, said in August that the election should take place on February 24. Previous time-lines for a poll were repeatedly pushed back.

Full story: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-09/thailand-will-hold-february-election-prime-minister-tells-abe

-- Bloomberg 2018-10-09

55 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thailand will hold a general election in February, Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-Ocha told Japan Premier Shinzo Abe during a meeting in Tokyo.

"I'm not making this up, that's what he told me"!

JAPAN-POLITICS.jpg

He told Trump that it would next month. Why is he expected to honour his words to Abe?

I predict a sudden important announcement before the end of the year, that would (without technically or legally needing to) delay the election and Big P will be forgiven for "lying" due to the prestige of the event.????

4 hours ago, SABloke said:

I predict a sudden important announcement before the end of the year, that would (without technically or legally needing to) delay the election and Big P will be forgiven for "lying" due to the prestige of the event.

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Expect a 'huge' election 'delaying' event between now and then.

The delay is already baked into the cake, and fully documented in two articles on asia.nikkei.com. Just google that domain and "coronation first" and "election by may". 

Archived