UK State Pension

I wonder

I have noticed in past posts TV Members have stated that they have their UK State Pension send direct to their Thai Bank account but Thailand is not on the UK Government's list of countries that the transfer option is available to. Is this through a 3rd party or have UK made it possible now?

How does the transfer work? I have a few years to wait for my pittance.

Is it changed into Baht via a UK bank, then transferred to Thailand, or transferred directly in sterling to Thailand, where it will be changed into Baht here?

I ask because it would be a better rate changed via a Thai bank.

6 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

How does the transfer work? I have a few years to wait for my pittance.

Is it changed into Baht via a UK bank, then transferred to Thailand, or transferred directly in sterling to Thailand, where it will be changed into Baht here?

I ask because it would be a better rate changed via a Thai bank.

ON a UK bank transfer form it usually asks if you want the exchange to be done on receipt in Thailand or in the UK, always choose to have the transfer in Pounds and the exchange done here, as the rate is the off shore rate and is always better. 

6 hours ago, I wonder said:

I have noticed in past posts TV Members have stated that they have their UK State Pension send direct to their Thai Bank account but Thailand is not on the UK Government's list of countries that the transfer option is available to

In the UK state pension paper forms it has a page that you can fill out where it's stated you can choose where your UK state pension money is paid into,  your UK bank account or your Thai bank account.

Once they know where you want your UK pension paid you cannot change it again for one year.

Archived