Ive Got To Show I Can Pull Out A Big One !

Mumbo Jumbo

I go fishing at our near by fresh water lake and have my brand new fiberglass rod,

And reel, on most day’s I go fishing I all way’s see an old Thai Man, who comes

And sits near me, there I am with my latest fishing equipment and not catching much

to the oblivious amusement of the dear old Thai man. I use small fresh water prawns

From the lake as bait, he uses what looks like some sort of bread looking mixture

Which he soaks in the water first, and squeezes it out before he puts it on a spiral

Spring hook type thing, then lobs a big lump of this into the lake, he’s also got a small bell on the end of his rod, which alerts him to a bite!!, well he’ reeling them in as fast as he can cast the bait out !!

I got my wife to ask him what’s the bait made of..? He said he makes it him self and it’s a secret

I remember form back home watching the fishing guy’s making bread based Bait laced with

Some thing I think was called aniseed ….? Well here’s where I need some help …can any forum members come up with a winning bait recipe so I can sit next to the old Thai Guy and start pulling the big ones out faster than you can say Cod & Chips!! , my wife seems to think the old guy’s bait has some type of Thai whiskey in it …?

Thanks …. Mumbo

Hey there Mumbo ... some guys just have longer rods and bigger bell ends and theres nothing you can do to change this fact. :o

Now stop beating yourself up about this as it's just the course of nature and you've got a loving wife who doesn't care about the size of your rod... she loves you for you. :D

As has been disussed you can follow the route of temptation by luring your catch with illicit substances but quite frankly the answer lies within. :D

Be happy with the equipment you've got ... let the lovely wife enjoy it ... and maybe just buy a few fish off the old man as it sounds like he's got too much for one person anyway. :D

Thanks …davidjtayler But I have this inbuilt urge to just once have the guy sitting next to me

And watch his expression when I whip out a Bigger one than him!!, so please help me

Me for fill my obsession, some one must know the secret ingredients of a winning bait …? Just for once let me fish by the lake side , jump to attention as the reel screams and the rod bends as my chest swells out with pride… ive landed a bigger one than you mate …so there.

Thanks…… Catch less Mumbo

Thanks …davidjtayler But I have this inbuilt urge to just once have the guy sitting next to me

And watch his expression when I whip out a Bigger one than him!!, so please help me

Me for fill my obsession, some one must know the secret ingredients of a winning bait …? Just for once let me fish by the lake side , jump to attention as the reel screams and the rod bends as my chest swells out with pride… ive landed a bigger one than you mate …so there.

Thanks…… Catch less Mumbo

Hey Mr Mumbo is it true that Old Fisherpersons(political correctness) Dont Die..

They just smell that way...No be this the case, it could be in the Aroma... :o

I had the same problem when i first started fishing here.....I tried many different baits.....maggots, worms, corn,cheese,....you name it.. I tried it....and the result?.....meagre, to say the least!

why not do what Idid?....I went to the local tackle shop, and asked the owner to mix some bait for me....and as he did.. I watched......then bought more of the powders he mixed, and experimented with different proportions, and many different flavours....aniseed, turmeric, bread curry .powder,banana,....and I started to catch fish....using the same coil/hook arrangement as he did....

Ithink there is no MAGIC bait.....the fish will eat what they are used to ....

The first rule in fishing.....is ...... watch the locals......then refine...

here the locals all use HUGE baits.....mine are much smaller,fish gob sized..and it works!!

I seldom come home without several fish ....I caught 12 today.....

What are the fish species, that makes a big difference to what bait mix you should use.

By the way coconut milk is used in many a bait mix to help bind, particulary the mixes that use bread crusts.

As RonW says, go to the bait shop and learn how to mix. You need to watch someone mix the bait as I have fished next door to someone with same bait, powder, everything, only difference was I mixed it and not him. He caught all day long, we only caught a few, then we used the bait mixed by him and caught as frequently as he did.

There is a way to mix bait and a way not to!!!

i know the stuff you're talking about - Alough over here in yangon it's called "qweh" - i'll try to find out the ingredients. usually i mix it with cooked rice or noodles until it becomes firm yet plyable. Pulled some nice carp from Inya lake..

Thanks Guy's for the input, well to day my wife went fishing with her mother, and who should come along but the old guy, and blow me he's off again pulling them out the water with a cheeky grin on his face... the only thing my wife got from him about his secret bait was he kept repeating ...

Pig Blood, Pig Blood .....?

what the H does that mean...?

Mumbo

Thanks Guy's for the input, well to day my wife went fishing with her mother, and who should come along but the old guy, and blow me he's off again pulling them out the water with a cheeky grin on his face... the only thing my wife got from him about his secret bait was he kept repeating ...

Pig Blood, Pig Blood .....?

what the H does that mean...?

Mumbo

I asked around, and it refers to the blood of a pig