Roojai.com Launches the First Big Bike Insurance Platform in Thailand with up to 30% Discount for Experienced Riders

webfact

Roojai.com Launches the First Big Bike Insurance Platform in Thailand 

with up to 30% Discount for Experienced Riders

mb2.jpg 

Bangkok, 11 October 2018 – Roojai.com, the pioneering online car insurance platform in Thailand, announces its launch of Thailand’s first online big bike insurance. In partnership with LMG Insurance, a leading non-life insurance provider in Thailand, safe, experienced big bike riders will now get up to 30% off their insurance through Roojai.  

The unique big bike platform promises an online quote in less than 60 seconds and the option to buy online just like car drivers already choose to do. Roojai is also the first to offer monthly payment by debit card as well as credit card for bikers needing comprehensive insurance. And to save even more time and money, bikers can carry out a remote bike inspection in less than 10 minutes using the revolutionary Roojai App. Unlike traditional bike insurance, there is no need for an appointment and no need to take time out. 

Mr. Nicolas Faquet, Chief Executive Officer and Founder of Roojai, explains how the platform’s unique calculations are intended to benefit mature riders. “If you think about it, traditional motorcycle insurance has always been based primarily on the value of the bike itself. The more expensive the bike, the higher the premium. While it is certainly a parameter to assess the cost of an accident, Roojai and LMG are focusing more on the probability of having an accident in the first place.  Understanding what the bike is used for, the rider’s safety record and experience and the power to weight ratio of the bike can all influence the likelihood of having an accident. By focusing mainly on the lower risk riders, LMG and Roojai can dramatically cut insurance costs for the safer rider.”

According to Dr. Boonsong Sermsrisuwan, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing at LMG Insurance: “LMG brings its long standing international and local expertise in insurance markets to support Roojai’s newest product. With THB 1.7 billion in authorized capital, and with the Insurtech skills Roojai has to offer, it is a win-win situation. Big bike customers will get a trustworthy and reliable coverage partner with excellent customer service, at a competitive price.”

Big Bike owners can get a customised insurance quote online at www.roojai.com.

About LMG 

Publicly listed LMG Insurance Public Company Limited, a leader in the Thai non-life insurance market, and one of the country operations in 19 countries worldwide of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Group in the USA., partners with Roojai to launch Big Bike Online Insurance in Thailand.

About Roojai.com

Roojai.com, launched in 2016, is a leading insurtech startup, providing a new fast, transparent, and easy digital experience for auto insurance. Roojai.com leverages technology to reduce operating costs and transfer the savings to its customers while improving their overall experience.

Roojai.com is a general insurance broker regulated by the Office of the Insurance Commission (OIC) under the Insurance licence number Wor00022/2558. Roojai.com works with exclusive insurance partners to develop specific products and solutions. With over a million visits a month and 30,000 customers insured through Roojai.com, it is Thailand’s number one online car insurance platform.

mb1.jpg

-- 2018-10-11

18 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
19 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:
Maybe that's just it. A lot of effort and maybe not so much profit.

Yes but it didn't put easyjet or Ryanair off

They are only cherry picking the low risk customers - in any case the TV sponsors AA Insurance Brokers are very good for the  small scooters/bikes

22 hours ago, zyphodb said:

I just had a look, nothing more than 5 years old, which makes my 15 year old BMW uninsurable ???? 

Yeah same for me both my bikes 2012,can’t see there system working,only wanting to insure new costly bikes with what I would imagine will be a lot of inexperienced riders,is asking for big payouts.

advertise big discounts for experienced riders but then will not insure if you have more than 4 years experience on the same bike????????????

I just tried it for my Africa Twin. One year old bike. I have long enough experience to fall into the 6+ category which is their highest. I don't commute to work on it, just use for personal fun. 0 claims so far. All things that should get me a decent quote you'd think. They quoted 20k THB. Without going through a broker, Tokio Marine insurance that I got when buying the bike costed me 12k THB and should be lower next time. Roojai also wants to give me a big 10k THB deductible, only 50k medical coverage and covers only 20% of the towing costs.

Looks completely uninteresting to me for my case even though I think I'm one of those cases which insurance companies should like as evidenced by other insurers giving me way better rates.

15 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Way too expensive, just checked for my 2015 Cbr 650F and they wanted 18k, Wife  gets  it from her Ins agent friend for about 10K 1st class

Pretty much anything advertised on here is a rip off and designed to fleece Expats.

Car insurance & your post a case in point....

Hard to judge a good insurance with only a low bargain premium...one would rather judge on how they handle a mishap and how fast they pay up with no fuss, forms or red tape and most important, for expats, in case of trouble, how is their proficency in english ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 1:27 AM, gunderhill said:

Way too expensive, just checked for my 2015 Cbr 650F and they wanted 18k, Wife  gets  it from her Ins agent friend for about 10K 1st class

Thanks for giving us a try and for the feedback. We have pushed some price adjustments on Friday 26th which reduces prices for Honda and Kawasaki quite significantly. Working on the other brands now!

12 hours ago, Roojai said:

Thanks for giving us a try and for the feedback. We have pushed some price adjustments on Friday 26th which reduces prices for Honda and Kawasaki quite significantly. Working on the other brands now!

Aha, now your website says you don't insure Honda Africa Twins at all in order to keep premiums low for all customers. Quote:

• Sorry. To keep premiums low for all our customers
  • we unfortunately do not insure this bigbike model (#105)

First, this makes no sense. Why would the premium for this bike affect other premiums for other models?

Second: Why would this bike cause issues? Is it because it's offroad-ish and you are scared that people drop it? If so, then just insure for on-road usage.

Also, when you go to the english website, then choose make, model etc and click the button, you land on a Thai website where you have to switch the language once more. Also would be nice to know that you don't insure this model right when choosing it and not after filling all data into the second page.

So far, overall not impressed.

On 10/12/2018 at 4:32 PM, taninthai said:

advertise big discounts for experienced riders but then will not insure if you have more than 4 years experience on the same bike

That's advertising Big C style, make a weekly promotion folder with half of the items out of stock for the entire period.

Archived