Pet fees depend on local administrative offices

rooster59

Pet fees depend on local administrative offices

Thammarat Thadaphrom

26b93579641244df146d86db11b1e923.jpeg

BANGKOK, 13th October 2018 (NNT) – The Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives says the collection of a fee for pet registrations will be decided by local administrative offices. 

Easing public concerns about pet licensing, Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Grisada Boonrach said on Friday that pet registration is merely an idea and will be put up for debate, while asking pet owners to put aside their worries for the time being. 

He added there are several procedures to be undertaken before a pet law can become a reality, not to mention deciding what the license fee should be. 

An online forum will be available for the public to voice their concerns and offer their suggestions on the issue, he noted, saying that there is still plenty of time to draft and revise pet regulations. 

If there is to be a pet registration fee, he said it won't exceed 450 baht and would be collected by local administrative organizations. A decision on the fee will be made by local offices. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-10-13

"...If there is to be a pet registration fee, he said it won't exceed 450 baht and would be collected by local administrative organizations. A decision on the fee will be made by local offices...." 

And, the world-record for back-pedaling on a stupid idea goes to...

Stupid bureaucrats propose a stupid idea. Stupid bureaucrats set a stupid fee which is... well, stupid. Stupid Junta doesn't realize that this is... well, stupid. Stupidly, they combine to set a policy which was... stupid.

One of the reasons that I like living in Thailand is that every once in a while, the Thai public says that something is really, really stupid. And, they make their voices heard in a way that I don't fully understand.

Did I mention that this particular Junta plan was stupid?

15 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Easing public concerns about pet licensing, Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Grisada Boonrach said on Friday that pet registration is merely an idea and will be put up for debate, while asking pet owners to put aside their worries for the time being. 

What was there a few months ago, that when someone was ridiculed for some unpopular plan, came out with those exact same words?

Translated: "We're still going to do it.  But we'll do so slowing (after the elections) and in such as way as not to alarm the population (the boiling frog approach) and in such a way that the population will blame their local government instead of those in Bangkok.

If there is to be a pet registration fee, he said it won't exceed 450 baht and would be collected by local administrative organizations. A decision on the fee will be made by local offices. 

Good luck with that..just 2 days ago i was sitting in a village and they were discussing the 570 Baht fee per animal being proposed by their local admins.

DID SOMEONE SAY THIS WAS A REALLY STUPID IDEA? NO? WELL IT IS A REALLY STUPID IDEA AND A NON-LICENSING AT THE LOCAL LEVEL IS EVEN MORE STUPIDIER (?) LIKE MY ENGLISH. OBVIOUSLY THAI POLITICOS NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE MOVIE, "DUMB AND DUMBER". IT'S ALIVE AND WELL WITH SUIT WEARING POLITICIANS.

They could do it with dogs,charge a fee,chip the dog,employ

dog catchers,they catch a dog no chip,then what do they do,

there would be hell on if they euthanized them,so they set

up massive dog pounds around the country,it would cost a

lot of money to feed and look after them,for a long time,

dont suppose they thought about that part,buy a new Sub,

or look after 1000's and1000's of dogs,Cats they are joking,

try and catch one to see if it's chipped.

regards Worgeordie

4 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...If there is to be a pet registration fee, he said it won't exceed 450 baht and would be collected by local administrative organizations. A decision on the fee will be made by local offices...." 

Stupid bureaucrats propose a stupid idea. Stupid bureaucrats set a stupid fee which is... well, stupid. Stupid Junta doesn't realize that this is... well, stupid. Stupidly, they combine to set a policy which was... stupid.

One of the reasons that I like living in Thailand is that every once in a while, the Thai public says that something is really, really stupid. And, they make their voices heard in a way that I don't fully understand.

just  like  all the  soi  dogs  running  wild then

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

They could do it with dogs,charge a fee,chip the dog,employ

dog catchers,they catch a dog no chip,then what do they do,

there would be hell on if they euthanized them,so they set

up massive dog pounds around the country,it would cost a

lot of money to feed and look after them,for a long time,

dont suppose they thought about that part,buy a new Sub,

or look after 1000's and1000's of dogs,Cats they are joking,

try and catch one to see if it's chipped.

regards Worgeordie

Could send them to dog sanctuaries in Vietnam. 

The Vietnamese are Buddhists too so they should be safe...  :whistling:

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

F.....g brilliant 

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

There is nothing stupid in making owners register their pet cats and dogs other than 450B is far too low...

You just know there is going to be a lot of red tape and forms and such. Have Somchai lose a days work going to register a dog and then have him run around getting copies of house forms, ID, pictures of him, the dog from two angles both standing and sitting, etc...  Nothing more than a tax with the ability to really sting someone with a high fine. 

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Will there be dual pricing for Farangs?  Or will farangs not be allowed to own a Thai dog or cat?  

For purposes of registration, my missus is the proud owner of our her two dogs..................:thumbsup:

15 hours ago, oldrunner said:

DID SOMEONE SAY THIS WAS A REALLY STUPID IDEA? NO? WELL IT IS A REALLY STUPID IDEA AND A NON-LICENSING AT THE LOCAL LEVEL IS EVEN MORE STUPIDIER (?) LIKE MY ENGLISH. OBVIOUSLY THAI POLITICOS NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE MOVIE, "DUMB AND DUMBER". IT'S ALIVE AND WELL WITH SUIT WEARING POLITICIANS.

No need to get hysterical and shout like that!

21 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Yes you did. What was stupid about it?

For those who do the world a favor and take in multiple strays, they will get punished for their good deeds.  They should be awarded.  Make those who breed and sell animals pay for registration and then pass on the costs.  Make pet owners who wish to have a reproductive animal pay more. 

When my ex wife lived in Thailand, she would round up strays and we would get them fixed.  It was B1000 per.  

The current plan is lacks any vision at all other than just filling government coffers .  So yes, it is stupid.

Archived