Smuggled Thai chicken meat destroyed

geovalin

Military police in Banteay Meanchey province’s Poipet city and provincial Camcontrol officials on Friday destroyed bad quality chicken smuggled across the border from Thailand. On Friday, authorities cracked down on the smuggling of chicken meat across the border and arrested one person, who was sent to court.

Lak Phy, spokesman for the provincial military police, said hundreds of kilograms of chicken meat was seized. “Our military police officers cooperated with Poipet military police along with provincial Camcontrol officials to check a van smuggling chicken from Thailand,” he said.

Mr Phy said that after the crackdown, the meat was burned. Noun Ninaro, Poipet city military police commander, said that when the minivan crossed the border, forces were suspicious and conducted a search.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50540375/smuggled-chicken-meat-destroyed/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 15/10
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, connda said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around why chicken meat would be something that needs to be smuggled in the first place. 

good question. cambodian food has very little protein in it, or anything expect rice and sugar, I presume because its harder to come by and more expensive