Rami Malek: ‘Being offered the part of Freddie Mercury was a gun-to-the-head moment’

snoop1130

Rami Malek: ‘Being offered the part of Freddie Mercury was a gun-to-the-head moment’

By Tom Lamont

5715.jpg

Don’t stop me now: Rami Malek. Jumper, givenchy.com. Photograph: Andrew Woffinden for the Observer

Rami Malek, the Californian actor, says: “I don’t know man. I guess I’m an unusual human being.”

It’s an afternoon in Hyde Park and we’ve been talking about the 37-year-old’s extremely odd walk, a seesawing, twitchy-limbed zigzag – just all over the place – that has been making ours less a stroll around the London park than a careen.

Malek, not yet so well known in this country, but with a sizeable profile back home thanks to his lead role in the US TV drama Mr Robot, is two days removed from wrapping the biggest job of his life so far – as Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody, an upcoming band biopic about Queen.

At first I assume this is the reason for the wild walk. Maybe he hasn’t yet shaken off his intensive physical coaching for that film? But no, the actor says, this jaggedy lope is all him. 

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/oct/14/rami-malek-being-offered-the-part-of-freddie-mercury-was-a-gun-to-the-head-moment-

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Rami Malek, the Californian actor, says: “I don’t know man. I guess I’m an unusual human being.”

Yeah dude, but we love the quirky characters you portray such as PFC Merriell 'Snafu' Shelton, a kid driven to psychopathy by the horrors of WWII. 

Archived