Knee replacement Pattaya/Bangkok advice

Baboy

Due to worsening knees & its affect on my lifestyle I have decided to have a knee replacement done. Has been an ongoing issue with them over the last 5 or more years. Looking at the X-rays is easier to see the deterioration in them. I am currently looking at different surgeons & hospitals to carry out the procedure and would like to have it done ASAP as come mid january I am hoping to be active again.

First off am fully aware these surgeons move from hospital to hospital on varies days of the week. Confirmed by the docs themselves. I will not under ant circumstance have in done at Bangkok Pattya Hospital for my pwn reasons not the least that I think one of the worse run hospitals in the region.  Insurance will pick up most if not all the bill & if i have to spend extra so be it as the current situation is taking away from my preferred lifestyle.

I have already had a consultation at Bungrumgrad with doctor Panya very respected surgeon. He would probably be my fist choice but I have just a bit concerned with having to go to Bangkok for after surgery checks although he said that they have physical therapist in Pattaya that he recommend.  Am also going to visit with Doctor Kitti Srithongkul at Pattaya City Hospital . this one came as somewhat as a surprise being government but I talked to 4 people that had done there knees there and all spoke highly of the place & care.   Phyathai Hospital Siricah is also on my radar as i have had health check ups there & a friend just went thru a double hip replacement as was very imprest. Queen Sirkit although good is not really in the mix as the time frame may not work.

Anyone had any experience with any of these establishments for this type of surgery would really appreciate the input. If not either of these any other recommendations would be great.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Many TV members have had this done by Dr. Panya and you can't do better than that IMO.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks Sheryl heard nothing but good things. My only problem is having to travel to Bangkok for check ups. I have spoken at length to him about this & we may have something worked out. Have crossed Pattaya city off the list as Dr Kitti moved on from there. Will see Dr Montie ? at Phyathai tomorrow then make a decision from there.

to have knee replacement and be active(what do you consider active?)by jan. is a good wish.

it will probably  take you longer than that time frame.

the only thing i can say is be positive with physical therapy and work hard!!

i have had both knees done, in the u.s.

• 4 weeks later...
cost for knee replacement at pattaya city hosp. thanks......

Pattaya City Hospital is a community level hospital and would not be able to provide specialized surgery like this.

If you want a govt hospital in the Pattaya area try Queen Sirikit Naval Hospital in Sattahip or Chonburi regional hospital in Chonburi town.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I just had my second knee done by Dr. Panya at Bumrungrad. I was just discharged on Thursday.

All of the physical therapy you can do at home by yourself, you do not need to go to the hospital.

The first follow-up visit is two weeks after the surgery.

Riding in a car for a couple hours is not a problem.

After my right (first) knee was done, I drove myself 200km to the two week follow-up visit.

The only downside is the price. B620k per knee, which is significantly more other hospitals.

Archived