Activating True Sim for Roaming re sms delivery whilst in UK

Chivas

Can it be actually done ??  Doesnt appear to be automated from outset albeit have never had reason to need it on

I dont want to activate sim data obviously but I wouldnt mind activating roaming for sms/phone if that makes sense

I switched on sim data on Samsung J2 but wasnt expecting it to activate sms delivery and it hasnt

Am just trying to check a validity date as have had to abort a trip and dont want to lose the number for no real reason

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

you have to tell them you are "roaming" and you'll get the sms whilst overseas. don't switch on data and you'll be fine.

Is it something we can do via email or call from uk etc ??  Did have a brief look at website before OP

• 2 months later...

I have True prepaid-sim and I stay out of Thailand about 6 months. I would like to keep same number and sometimes I need it for banking so how can I topup True from abroad? Or is balance even needed if only receive SMS from bank? How quickly they close sim if balance is 0? 

5 hours ago, nilster said:

I have True prepaid-sim and I stay out of Thailand about 6 months. I would like to keep same number and sometimes I need it for banking so how can I topup True from abroad? Or is balance even needed if only receive SMS from bank? How quickly they close sim if balance is 0? 

Roaming needs to be activated and it would be helpful if you purchased some vouchers before leaving so you can apply them.

Archived