Mu Pa members drop in on PM at Government House

snoop1130

Mu Pa members drop in on PM at Government House

By The Nation,

The Thaiger

2904015c4ae2079c42d44c4df2fffac0.jpeg

Members of the Mu Pa (Wild Boars) football academy and team are back in Thailand following their whirlwind overseas tour of Argentina and the US, including an appearance on one of the most popular talk shows in the world.

This morning they had a meeting with Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha at Government House.

Accompanied by Phayao Governor Narongsak Osotthanakorn, who headed the dramatic rescue operation at Tham Luang cave in Chiang Rai when he was the governor of that province, the team showed the PM the “Asia Game Changer Award” that the rescuers had received in a ceremony from the Asia Society when they were in New York.

The PM thanked the young soccer players and their coach for bringing fame to the country and reminded them to always remember all those who had been involved in the rescue operation, especially former SEALs member Samarn Kunan, who died in the course of the rescue attempt.

They also confirmed to the premier that none of them had agreed to any movie rights, as had earlier been reported in Thai media.

The boys and their coach had just returned from a tour to Argentina, where they attended the summer Youth Olympics, and the US, where they appeared on the hugely popular “Ellen DeGeneres Show”.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30356550

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-16

You know, earlier today I almost had a tear in my eye, when I saw the faces of the team when Ibrahimovic walked through the doors and you saw their faces. They were just dumbstruck and overjoyed.

Now they are being dragged into a photo op for our wannabe next elected PM.

I hope that they had a fun trip and that the good times outweighed the bad.

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Members of the Mu Pa (Wild Boars) football academy and team are back in Thailand following their whirlwind overseas tour of Argentina and the US, including an appearance on one of the most popular talk shows in the world.

This morning they had a meeting with Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha at Government House.

You know you are home when your adventure of a lifetime, meeting heroes and being made to feel good, comes to an end, and you become election material.

6 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Surely an incorrect headline......Mu pa members drop in at government house !!

Should have been Mu pa members ordered to do an electioneering photo shoot with Prayut.

A small price to pay for their freedom.

I use the word 'freedom' relative to getting out of the cave alive, nothing else.

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Surely an incorrect headline......Mu pa members drop in at government house !!

Should have been Mu pa members ordered to do an electioneering photo shoot with Prayut.

Yes - and this blatant political exploitation is utterly SICKENING.

19 hours ago, darksidedog said:

You know, earlier today I almost had a tear in my eye, when I saw the faces of the team when Ibrahimovic walked through the doors and you saw their faces. They were just dumbstruck and overjoyed.

Wasnt that awesome? Hell Id be awestruck if I met Zlatan and Im an old guy. Can you imagine how those kids felt?

Archived