Disturbing Insight Into Cambodia Child Sex Abuse

geovalin

As most people realize when they grow up they are very quickly exposed to what is often a very hard – cruel and insufferable world. A place when people are exploited and sexually abused one such place is Cambodia where young girls are sold into slavery and then forced into prostitution…

Warning the featured YouTube video is raw – disturbing – emotional and heartbreaking.

read more http://www.newspressed.com/disturbing-insight-cambodia-child-sex-abuse-75509

36 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

I am wholly against pedophiles, child sex trade and trafficking. But I am also against those who seek to put down a whole country, in this case Cambodia, just so as to gain viewership or to put forward their fake point of view or ideology.

This so-called documentary is provided by RT, that well-known purveyor of fake-news - this is the Russian English language TV station that interviewed the two Russians who claimed to be visiting Salisbury to visit the cathedral even though both were on fake passports, not using their real names, were senior GRU officers but claimed they were working in the private sector as fitness instructors etc and so forth. They have been caught out many times spouting nonsense from the Kremlin against many other countries and leaders if the Kremlin does not like something.

For over a decade, the issue of child sex trafficking has been high on the agenda in Cambodia. It is a hot topic in the country and pedophiles get caught. Gone are the days when foreigners or locals were ignored if they reported suspicious activity to the authorities. This is not to claim that child sex trade has been completely eradicated from the kingdom - this horrible trade is unfortunately alive and well in many countries, including Western countries - for example the Truck Stop underage prostitutes in parts of the USA, the underage girls who were exploited in Oldham and other towns in England, the underage brothels in Czech Republic not so long ago . . .  But documentaries from dodgy sources do not help.

For instance, the documentary voiceover states  that UNICEF claims that a third of Cambodia's sex-worker's are under 18. That may have been the case many years ago but I looked up 2018 UNICEF report and found the following:

According to the International Justice Mission, sexual traf cking in Cambodia has declined signi cantly over the last decade. The methodology used in two prevalence studies conducted by the organization was limited to speci c types of commercial sexual establishments in selected urban centres. However, they indicated that commercial sexual exploitation of children declined from 8 per cent in 201226 to 2 per cent in 2015.27 This finding should be viewed in light of the 1999 estimate from the International Labour Organization (ILO) International Programme for the Elimination of Child Labour, which showed that more than 15 per cent of commercial sex workers in Cambodia were aged between 9 and 15 years.  [A Statistical Profile of Child Protection in Cambodia, 2018 - page 19 - see the following link https://www.unicef.org/cambodia/Cambodia_Report_Final_web_ready_HIGH.pdf  ]

totally agree 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

RT is an excellent news channel, for grown ups.

I have watched them pretty consistently for years and have never seen a retraction, nor a story that didn't "smell" right.

Edited by quandow
punctuation

On 10/18/2018 at 7:06 AM, quandow said:

I have watched them pretty consistently for years and have never seen a retraction, nor a story that didn't "smell" right.

"Never" a retraction. That should give you pause right there.

On 10/20/2018 at 9:56 PM, quandow said:

Give me a pause? Not at all, cuz there are plenty of people who would jump all over them if they put out something false.

Fox News gets jumped on all the time for false and misleading news but how many retractions do they issue? One in a hundred thousand?

On 10/21/2018 at 1:00 PM, Mac98 said:

Fox News gets jumped on all the time for false and misleading news but how many retractions do they issue? One in a hundred thousand?

You're making my point. No one cries "foul" at RT stories.