World's Most Expensive Valentine's Cocktail

george

World's Most Expensive Valentine's Cocktail available at the Amari Atrium Hotel in Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- The Vivaldi Italian Restaurant at the Amari Atrium Hotel in Bangkok is offering guests what it claims to be the world's most expensive Valentine's Cocktail - the Amore d'Amari Ruby Martini.

Priced at a breathtaking, Baht 540,000 each (roughly US$ 15,000) the Amore d'Amari Ruby Martini contains a dazzling heart shaped Ruby instead of an olive.

The drink is the brainchild of Mr. Sanjog Modgil (Executive Assistant Manager of the Amari Atrium Hotel, Bangkok), who devised the cocktail to fit with the restaurant's Valentine's Day Gala Dinner.

The extravagant cocktail contains a 5.02 carat heart shaped Ruby, served in an award winning hand blown martini glass.

The cocktail price includes a 6 course gala dinner for two and an overnight stay in the hotels deluxe suite, which includes a Dom Perignon Champagne breakfast in bed.

Amore d’Amari The Ruby Martini

Price Tag: THB 540,000

Ingredients: Grey Goose Vodka, Blue Curaçao, A dash of Dry Vermouth, Blue sugar (to rim glass) and an 5.02 carat dazzling heart shaped ruby.

It should be noted that the above price does not include tax and service charge (17% total), and the hotel cannot be held responsible if your valentine accidentally, or otherwise, swallows the ruby! The special cocktail needs to be ordered one day in advance. Other terms and conditions may apply.

--AsiaTravelTips.com 2007-02-13

The drink is the brainchild of Mr. Sanjog Modgil (Executive Assistant Manager of the Amari Atrium Hotel, Bangkok), who devised the cocktail to fit with the restaurant's Valentine's Day Gala Dinner.

Well done Mr Sanjog, it must have taken you a good half a minute to come up with such a great idea,

:o:D :D :D

Ridiculous.

This shows that Thailand is richer than America. I have called up and I shall be their tomorrow with my wife. Looking to meet other members tomorrow but I guess most on this board is Cheap Charlie.

Can't be that good if you can still get a reservation the day before valentines day...

:o:D :D :D

Ridiculous.

This shows that Thailand is richer than America. I have called up and I shall be their tomorrow with my wife. Looking to meet other members tomorrow but I guess most on this board is Cheap Charlie.

Why do you want to take a cheap shot at people on this forum that you do not know. You are worse than cheap. your an idiot.

Edited by KK-Mike

Is there a discount for taking it home in a plastic bag on the bars of my bike?

540,000. Well really.

In the minds of the elite, it is a way of bringing quality tourists to Thailand. Their deluded minds can sit back and watch as the ruby money goes to Holland (or some other gem stone controlling country). The Martini money goes to California and the fine crystal money goes to France (or wherever) and the staff get a small tip.

Idiots.

They wish to turn away backpackers that place money into the hands of small Thai hotels/taxis/tour guides etc, in favour of big money spent in foreign owned places. I would like to know how much of the recent 'mega meal' landed in the hands of the average Thai.

The extravagant cocktail contains a 5.02 carat heart shaped Ruby, served in an award winning hand blown martini glass.

OK, I'm clueless about gems and jewelry. What is the street value for a "5.02 carat heart shaped Ruby"?