Reliable tree service - recommendations?

NaiGreg

We've got three towering trees in back that are now invading every inch of space around the house. (lived in this house for 13+ years)

The local handyman guys (we know them well) say they can handle the job but I'm looking for licensed (and insured) pros.

Any recommendations? We live in Mae Rim.

-NaiGreg

No idea why I even bothered to write "licensed" in my original posting. 

Edited by NaiGreg

1 hour ago, cmsally said:

Try the local or bor tor, they normally have the resources.

yes, or bor tor  (or tesaban ) in your area might "recommend' someone to do the job.  If they are "towering" as you say it is not an easy job so if someone not known attempts it you are rolling the dice. 

There are a few guys based south of town who come into town on cycles with chain saws and ropes.

I have used them several times and they are very good...BUT,  getting a little older now and prices also going up as with most things.  Mae Rim area would probably have some experienced cutters who live out that way.

Cutting tall trees is dangerous work, and tricky when near the house.  An experience cutter will know how to use ropes to prevent limbs from falling .  Experienced.  can't say it enough.  I would not hire my local handiman to do it....JMO

Agree 100% with the above post. I used a team of 4 all older than 55 (well they looked it) They were recommended by the tessabaan after they helped recover a storm blown tree from my roof.

I wanted 7 of my neighbours 20m high trees taking down.

Ropes and chainsaws, hammers and pegs that was their toolkit.

I was more worried about the house being demolished but these old boys were pros. Their skill and courage at that height was astounding. We paid 7k following a quote that involved a crane at 21k

If you have high value trees to remove such as teaks or meranti then your outlay can easily be offset by re selling to furniture makers. Dont let them take away a decent hardwood, go for felling only

4 hours ago, rumak said:

There are a few guys based south of town who come into town on cycles with chain saws and ropes.

I have used them several times and they are very good...BUT,  getting a little older now and prices also going up as with most things.  Mae Rim area would probably have some experienced cutters who live out that way.

Cutting tall trees is dangerous work, and tricky when near the house.  An experience cutter will know how to use ropes to prevent limbs from falling .  Experienced.  can't say it enough.  I would not hire my local handiman to do it....JMO

I've used them a couple of times too. I have their number if you need it. As said, they are a gang of about 4 older guys who come on motorcycles with ropes and pulleys and chainsaws. Just like out of a movie. They know what they are doing. There is a foreman who makes the plan of how to handle the job and they carefully take down the large pieces and don't damage anything. But they are not cheap. Both times we used them the foreman demanded about 3600 from my wife - take it or leave it; no negotiation. It's been a while but I believe a guy showed up 2-3 days later to haul away the large pieces.

Edited by elektrified

34 minutes ago, elektrified said:

I've used them a couple of times too. I have their number if you need it. As said, they are a gang of about 4 older guys who come on motorcycles with ropes and pulleys and chainsaws. Just like out of a movie. They know what they are doing. There is a foreman who makes the plan of how to handle the job and they carefully take down the large pieces and don't damage anything. But they are not cheap. Both times we used them the foreman demanded about 3600 from my wife - take it or leave it; no negotiation. It's been a while but I believe a guy showed up 2-3 days later to haul away the large pieces.

about 8 years ago they took down a large tree for me....about 1500 baht .   Last year ....about 3000.

yep, times are changing.  But they are also a dying breed.  One of them brought a full grown son with him one time,  but it was the old man that did the high climbing.  The group i know come from around Saraphi...... Mae rim is a bit of a trip for them but pretty sure they would go for a few large trees, and a nice paycheck

Edited by rumak