Trump threatens to send military, shut border as migrants head for Mexico

webfact

19 hours ago, bristolboy said:

1. There are lots of illegal things going on.

2. The question is how much of a priority to put on stopping them.

3. Illegal immigration is not a crime against persons or property.

4. Why assign the military to start enforcing it?

5. That the kind of force you reserve for an emergency.

1.  Agreed.

2. Depends.  I take it you think the effort and priority is all wrong?

3. Neither is the non-overt, victimless crime of failing to appear in court for a summons.  But you'll get banged up for that too.  It's a crime.  End of.

- Immigration and Nationality Act, contained within United States Code. 

4.  Agreed, it's political bluster and unlikely to be approved if the request focuses on illegal immigration.  Make the request under War on Drugs umbrella, you got it.  At least there's plenty of precedent for that, as recent as President Obama.

5.  Right, but not always.  Military often used to prevent an emergency, or recover from one.

Average apprehension rate along SW Border zone YTD FY18 is about 1,100/day.  I think they can handle a few more gallos on a raft without the Army's help.

Trump is just rattling the Mexicans' cage some more, been doing that a while now.  I can't stand how he does it or the sound of his voice doing it, but does seem to be working.  Slowly.  That's the speed of government down there in Siestaville.  Bit like SabaiLand.  Same same but different.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2018 at 8:10 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Mr Trump, just do it.

Just because certain countries turn themselves into hell holes, it's not the responsibilities of western countries to take those that want a better life. They should stay home and sort their own country out.

If you think Honduras problems are not America's responsibility then you do not know the history of the "Pentagon Republic".

• Like 2

On 10/19/2018 at 8:44 AM, sanemax said:

And how did "we" turn Honduras and El Salvador into "hell-holes" ?

From the US military interventions overthrowing Honduras' attempts to prevent US companies owning all their viable land leading to providing full support to a brutal regime.

https://theconversation.com/how-us-policy-in-honduras-set-the-stage-for-todays-mass-migration-65935

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 6:38 PM, JohnOFphon said:

Not only build the wall..but electrify it...10,000 volts or more. 

Oh, goodness, I'm going to get my eyes checked agian.   I though you wrote 10,000 VOTES or more.   ????

• Haha 2