Drunken Norwegian Goes Beserk In Pattaya Land.....

libya 115

I am English and come from a mining town where they like their bevvy but the guys I have seen put most away are Norwegians

One guy I know of (nickname super mouw -a sailor) puts drink away like you can not beleive when onshore.

One of my fave stories is the Norwegian who turned up legless in Golden Beer Bar on Suk soi 4 in BKK. Drunk himself into oblivian then could not remember hotel - had to sleep on bar floor for a couple of days till money ran out and he really needeed to find his hotel - it was down soi 11 apparently

Edited by Prakanong

Same way in lot of Scandi countries - Icelandics are complete nutters when out on the piss.

Its a genetic thing... The word 'beserk' is actually derived from the old scandinavian term of a "bezerker"

These were the old viking warriors who before going into battle would ingest themselves with a beverage made from the 'Fly Agaric' mushroom (Amanita Muscaria). Whilst not psychedelic this mushroom contains, amongst other stuff, Atropine which is mind altering.

Disagree -Fly Agaric mushies are extremely potent and to be avoided until a dosage is worked out as the potency can vary wildly from patches 2 metres apart. They are physcotropic (Sorry, spelling).

The Finns used to drink reindeer wee in darkest winter as the deer would forage for those mushies under the snow.

Where do you think Santa Claus came from?.

Berserk, as you rightly point out is a Scandi expression for losing the plot completely.

Ever been in Union Street in Aberdeen at 2am with a bunch of paralytic Aberdonians full of amphetamine sulphate?

No wonder the Vikings legged it down to England....... :o

One guy I know of (nickname super mouw -a sailor) puts drink away like you can not beleive when onshore.

i too know super mao (Anders), hes a changed man now though, if you haven't seen him for a while you won't recognise him, he's married to a philipina and stays in angeles now (though hes currently back in Norway), he doesn't go on 48 benders anymore like he used to, and hes stopped drinking gin, only drinks beer now.

First time i met him was back in 2000, was drinking with a friend in Termae in BKK and one of the staff comes over and says to my friend who knew super that he is asleep on the sukhumvit, my friend thinking she means the pavement says just leave him, but she insists we go look, and to our amazement he was actually lying on the suk road, how hes still alive is beyond me. But your right, the maddest bloke i have ever met in my life.

BB

i too know super mao (Anders), hes a changed man now though, if you haven't seen him for a while you won't recognise him, he's married to a philipina and stays in angeles now (though hes currently back in Norway), he doesn't go on 48 benders anymore like he used to, and hes stopped drinking gin, only drinks beer now.

First time i met him was back in 2000, was drinking with a friend in Termae in BKK and one of the staff comes over and says to my friend who knew super that he is asleep on the sukhumvit, my friend thinking she means the pavement says just leave him, but she insists we go look, and to our amazement he was actually lying on the suk road, how hes still alive is beyond me. But your right, the maddest bloke i have ever met in my life.

BB

I was introduced to him by a pal a few years back and its right i have not seen him for a while. Glad he is a changed man - boy could that man drink.

He once bought a tray of shorts which would have been cheaper if he had bought the bottle. Nobody else wanted one so he drank the lot by himself?????

It must have been 2003 or 2004 last time I saw him in Big Dogs.

This doesn't really surprise me. The A-Go-Go (which wasn't named) recently opened and is owned/managed by a Norwegian. When I first read the story, I thought he might have been the culprit as I've seen him get soused on a regular basis (chocolate milk and vodka). Alas, it wasn't him, probably a good thing as he appears to be younger, bigger and stronger than the guy in these pics.

As for the timings, it seems about right. Most of the places I know now close at 3 am. From what I was told some time ago, the beer bars were allowed to stay open until the "current" customers finished their drinks. All they had to do was turn down the lights and turn off the music.

If a customer wanted another drink (or two, or 10), the staff would keep the bins under the counter so it wouldn't look like they were still serving new drinks.

After temporarily quelling the Norwegian, the police put him in handcuffs and bustled him into a car, but he continued to struggle resulting in the police having to stop the police car. When it stopped, Johnsen forced his way out of the police car, stood in the middle of the road and proceeded to break his handcuffs.
Johnsen was handcuffed and taken to Pattaya Police Station, where he used his strength to burst open the Police car door and he broke loose of the handcuffs and then began rampaging on the road.
Either he is a very strong man or there is a problem with the hand cuffs being used

Simple - he's a descendant from the Viking berserkers.

Half of Scandinavia thinks the same way. The other half is too drunk to think.

(And most of my freinds are / were Swedes and Danes)

Quick story - in Benghazi, Libya - working for Skanska.

Our camp was right on the Med., we were building a tourist resort.

Strolling back from the clubhouse one evening, two of the guys sitting outside a cabin drinking from a bottle. One calls me over, offers me a drink. Now alcohol was illegal in Libya at that time, cannot say what the law is now. So I sit down and drink the glassful. Have another, And we all empty the bottle. So Gunnar goes inside and brings out another one. We empty that. So Tore goes to his room and brings another. We empty that - so I go and fetch one of mine. We empty that. All were 1 1/2 litre bottles, all were about 55% alcohol (70 proof being about 40% alcohol). All was home-brewed.

All three of us were at work at 06.30 the next morning, as usual.

But now I stick to beer.