Priority at immigration.

leggo

As a 73 year old UK citizen I have the right to pass through priority at immigration but does my wife who is also UK citizen but 58 years old (She does have silver grey hair though which might be a plus!) as it would be myself who is her guarantor should immigration want financial details and any other guarantees? Or would we both have to go through normal immigration?

Whilst there is a special booth far right in the West immigration hall (gates E F G)for monks, elderly over 70 and pregnant men (that’s what the sign sais) elderly can now also use the VIP area (premium lane) in between both immigration halls. The same is valid on departure. These exceptions are well signaled just before the entrances.

But OP I dunno the answer to you question, my reply was for Frits, who usually knows it better than anyone else.

And retirement visa has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Never heard of the right of older people to get priority at immigration at the airport. Do you have a retirement visa? 

Well you should read the signs at priority entrance which quite clearly says over 70 and you can use it. I went through it last month on my own no problem!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2018 at 2:59 AM, Chou Anou said:

OP, unless you get a real hardass Immigration Officer, I bet they'll let your wife slide...tell her to look as "grandmotherly" as she can, and not to move too fast, I'm guessing they'll let her through with you.

The immigration officer will not be the problem but the dragon lady guarding the departure premium lane entrance could be a big problem.

They scrutinize every person like they are personally responsible for the whole immigration department.

Edited by merijn
  • Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:17 PM, merijn said:

The immigration officer will not be the problem but the dragon lady guarding the departure premium lane entrance could be a big problem.

They scrutinize every person like they are personally responsible for the whole immigration department.

When I went through arrival and departure priority lanes a couple of months ago there were no dragon ladies either way , just a young and polite Thai ! (think it may depend on what time of day it is!)

On 10/25/2018 at 5:59 AM, Chou Anou said:

OP, unless you get a real hardass Immigration Officer, I bet they'll let your wife slide...tell her to look as "grandmotherly" as she can, and not to move too fast, I'm guessing they'll let her through with you.

Unfortunately the premium lanes immigration are staffed by mainly women now.., and yes the stereotype fits..., unpleasantly grilled and document producing as much as using the normal immigration lines. YMMV

Edited by digitalnobhead