The new Terminal 21 at Pattaya vs Central Festival at the Hilton

ubonr1971

Questions about Terminal 21:

Does it have a Robinson or comparable?

(high end luxury perfumery, DIOR? high quality household goods?)

Does it have a supermarket comparable to Central basement?

All major banks represented?

AIS (and other mobile providers) full service center?

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

No major department store and I didn't see any household goods but there might be some small shop I didn't see yet. Loads of beauty and cosmetic shops (huge EveandBoy on ground floor). Plenty of banks, but no mega supermarket just an undersized Foodland which was very disappointing. The major tenants are H&M and Uniqlo, both have two floors. 

• Thanks 2

My partner and I will continue to use Central Marina for things like grocery shopping, banking, and paying bills like True and AIS.  Very easy to park (free) and get in and out of and all the businesses we use are close to each other. T21 will mostly be for dining out at the wide variety of restaurants and going to the movies--but if its a total zoo to get in and out of we may find ourselves back at Festival for movies there.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

I think it will take market share away from central festival.

I'm not a frequent visitor to Central Festival...but whenever I do go there I'm constantly amazed how the shops survive (with high rents as well I would imagine). They are beautiful no doubt...but I seldom see anybody actually buying anything?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

THB 3,575.38 

Promo code applied

Room Detail

Size: 34 sq.m

Superior Seaview

These rates do not include 7% tax and 10% service charge.

GRANDE CENTRE POINT PATTAYA

Perfect for the individual traveller or for a couple’s retreat, the Superior seaview is 34 sqm in size and offers guests spectacular sea views in a contemporary style ambiance with touches of the universe’s alluring charms. These rooms are beautifully appointed with bespoke furniture, an en-suite shower room, and also has a private balcony. Holiday makers will fall in love with the sunset view from the room’s unique sea facing location.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

One way to find out ........................... 

15 hours ago, newnative said:

My partner and I will continue to use Central Marina for things like grocery shopping, banking, and paying bills like True and AIS.  Very easy to park (free) and get in and out of and all the businesses we use are close to each other. T21 will mostly be for dining out at the wide variety of restaurants and going to the movies--but if its a total zoo to get in and out of we may find ourselves back at Festival for movies there.

We tend to use Central marina as well, as you say everything is there and free easy parking and great food court, not crowded movies. If you go there at the moment, it appears people are parking there and going to check out T21, its very busy.

As a consumer, all these malls are great, more parking and not crowded at the older malls but everything is there.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

We tend to use Central marina as well, as you say everything is there and free easy parking and great food court, not crowded movies. If you go there at the moment, it appears people are parking there and going to check out T21, its very busy.

As a consumer, all these malls are great, more parking and not crowded at the older malls but everything is there.

Yes, we ended up parking at Marina opening day at T21 and walking to T21.  Hopefully, the furor will die down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I'm not a frequent visitor to Central Festival...but whenever I do go there I'm constantly amazed how the shops survive (with high rents as well I would imagine). They are beautiful no doubt...but I seldom see anybody actually buying anything?

I've always thought that about the high-end stores like Rolex, Mont Blanc etc. They are all over central Bangkok but you never see any customers in them. Maybe their stuff is so expensive they can just sell a couple of items a week to survive.

I agree that Central and T21 are different and I guess that's a good thing for both malls who will attract different kinds of customer. 

I think the Thais will love T21 for all the food choices, and fashion stores. And they all want to have their selfies taken . How much money they will spend is another matter,  but I saw some hi-so families spending 1000's of baht in restaurants so they will probably do okay. 

Not so sure about all the fashion stores.

H&M has a really nice and big store, 30% off all items so I bought a new shirt. 

Unfortunately for the markets and ordinary street side shops, malls are the way to go. It’s the same all over the world . Come rain or shine, heatwave or storm, the mall is a great place to hang out. Hard for small individual shops to pay the rent, so they usually attract the larger  stores and brand names. That they work or not depends on the brand, I’ve seen 50 + queuing to get into some shops like Vuitton or Chanel in Bangkok , and I doubt they wait that long not to buy. Lots of well off Chinese ,Japanese etc for these shops. Just take a look at Paragon and Central world. Central Festival Pattaya seems to be doing quite well 

Ok today I went inside the belly of the beast....

My impressions...

First when I travel I like to spend as little time in airports as possible...I did not find the constant announcements that gate 23,25,27 what-ever is boarding for where-ever enduring...

I did like the lay-out of the mall...It has a good atmosphere and some unusual shops...

The food...I would say about 95% of the restaurants are geared towards  Japanese/Chinese/Korean....There must be 20 plus sushi restaurants there.....Very little thought was given to what a farang might like....Well at least they had a Sizzler...A place called Teddys hamburgers looked kind of interesting and maybe a few more....The farangs are low man are the restaurant totem pole there....

The food court was OK....It was almost all Thai food...Yes it was cheap but the portions were not huge either....I had a real good smoothie for 35 baht and a good coconut ice cream for 15 baht.. 

It was pretty busy in the mall today...Loads of grade A prime beef eye candy...Better than the GoGo bars...lol......

One thing this mall has going for it is it has loads of photo-ops..So just this should keep the mall packed with tourist for a long time to come....

Me I think I will partake in a few more smoothies and maybe give some of that eye candy a test run...lol

Edited by fforest1

16 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Ok today I went inside the belly of the beast....

My impressions...

First when I travel I like to spend as little time in airports as possible...I did not find the constant announcements that gate 23,25,27 what-ever is boarding for where-ever enduring...

I did like the lay-out of the mall...It has a good atmosphere and some unusual shops...

The food...I would say about 95% of the restaurants are geared towards  Japanese/Chinese/Korean....There must be 20 plus sushi restaurants there.....Very little thought was given to what a farang might like....Well at least they had a Sizzler...A place called Teddys hamburgers looked kind of interesting and maybe a few more....The farangs are low man are the restaurant totem pole there....

The food court was OK....It was almost all Thai food...Yes it was cheap but the portions were not huge either....I had a real good smoothie for 35 baht and a good coconut ice cream for 15 baht.. 

It was pretty busy in the mall today...Loads of grade A prime beef eye candy...Better than the GoGo bars...lol......

One thing this mall has going for it is it has loads of photo-ops..So just this should keep the mall packed with tourist for a long time to come....

Me I think I will partake in a few more smoothies and maybe give some of that eye candy a test run...lol

Yeah!  I am sure the sight of a farang drinking 35b smoothie whilst holding a melting 15b  coconut ice cream  ..You'll have all the Hi So Bangkok "totty"  queuing up begging you to inseminate them on the spot lol..     

PS it's a light hearted response not to be taken to heart ????  

• Haha 2

On 10/22/2018 at 10:51 AM, kiniyow said:

The Kiss of Death for the New Harbor Mall most likely

Harbor Mall has a lot of "stuff" for kids and Pattaya's one and only Ice skating rink.

the Tukcom part was quite silly from the beginning, a whole floor of small stores selling mobile phones/tablets about 3 times larger floor space than South Pattaya Tukcom mobile floor even I could see that was not viable.  last time I went they had turned part of that floor into a roller skating rink.

T21 might be a true blessing if it sucks in all the mall rats. That means more parking, less traffic and overall better experience in the others. Let the sardines be packed in the newest and shiniest keeping up with jonesies-concrete box. 

• Thanks 1

Well,the wife and i went today,really lucky parked outside foodland entrance. I was impressed with the mall itself ,very well done,but its really for tourists and weekenders etc, we went to foodland, nice but the original in Klang is for us ,much better for shopping,most stores seemed empty of customers ,everyone there was either looking around ,taking pictures or in the food court,which i must admit was good and cheap. We dont go to malls that often and to be honest wont be going back until it gets a lot quieter. Then we will do what we usually do ,walk around and go to the food court ,shame the food court was not in central ,then we could shop in Tops and eat cheaply.
Have a nice day
Ime a cheap Charlie lol

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Besides/outside of Food land, that is convenient to and from via songkows as long as you know where to stop/wait. Have no use for t21 whatsoever: It's chaotic in there. Alright for Thais and Chinese. It's looking to be the best thing that has ever happened to Central that looked so good yesterday. And Central has everything, AIS, Tops, films, and a newsstand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1