One killed, 29 injured as bus overturns on wet road in Khon Kaen

webfact

One killed, 29 injured as bus overturns on wet road

By The Nation

bd35d7f51bd5616bcd2b9cf00b4dfea1.jpeg

A bus overturned in Khon Kaen province on Sunday morning, causing one death and injuring 29 victims.

The bus driver, identified only as Sarawut, sustained injuries to his ears and face. 

“It was raining heavily at the time the accident occurred,” the 51-year-old man said. 

He told police that the bus overturned as soon as he applied the brakes to prevent the vehicle from skidding over a slippery minor crack on the Khon Kaen-Kalasin bypass road. 

Muang Khon Kaen Police Station superintendent Pol Colonel Chamlong Suwalak said the bus overturned while it was heading towards Maha Sarakham province. 

“One passenger died at the scene,” he said. 

He said 29 other people on board sustained injuries and were rushed to hospitals. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30356875

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-22

3 minutes ago, roo860 said:

I see the girl flat out on the left hand side is managing to update her Facebook status!!!!!!!
That's good to see.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

She got to let her facebook friends know, i was in an accident, nearly killed, bloody driver was speeding in the rain, must be worth a few likes.:cheesy:

I'm waiting for the day when one of these so called bus drivers openly admits negligence for something that is almost definitely caused by their own inability to adapt to the road conditions.

I'm also waiting for hell to freeze over...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

28 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

I'm waiting for the day when one of these so called bus drivers openly admits negligence for something that is almost definitely caused by their own inability to adapt to the road conditions.

I'm also waiting for hell to freeze over...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Impossible to ever be their own fault simply because its a Thai male bus driver.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He told police that the bus overturned as soon as he applied the brakes to prevent the vehicle from skidding over a slippery minor crack on the Khon Kaen-Kalasin bypass road. 

So he's blaming a minor crack in the road,that's a first for me.but

does make a change from brake failure, RIP .

regards Worgeordie

13 hours ago, nev said:

I am not surprised to wake up to this, Those pink buses drive like crazy every day going back and too into khonkaen I see them being driven erratically.

They seem to be known just as the "pink buses".

And a short search revealed an article from Jan 2018 about the terrible ride in such a pink bus. Extremely rude driver...

You find a whole gallery of crashed "pink buses".

What a country where such is possible!

17 hours ago, webfact said:

He said 29 other people on board sustained injuries and were rushed to hospitals. 

Being rushed to hospital by a random Somchai driving a truck / van ambulance, is actually challenging fate twice in a matter of minutes.

49 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Was on buses from/through Khon Kaen last week.

Overtaking on blind corners, overtaking with oncoming traffic (forced onto the hard shoulder), constantly driving in the overtaking lane on dual carriageways.

Amazed there are so few crashes really.

Thats because the amulets are working

Archived