HEALTHCARE FOR A THAI

mercman24

perhaps,  one for SHERYL or anyone, my question, how does healthcare pan out for a Thai person, what do they shell out for,?i read of relatives camping in wards and bringing food, now the crux, i have a female friend, 38, she has quite a large lump under her left armpit, its painful, of course i am thinking lymph node, problem, (a guess) i did say go to hospital immediately, she said its EXPENSIVE and will go next month when she returns to Burirum, any thoughts as i am a bit worried for her, as an aside i went 6 months ago with a terrific lower tummy pain, doc said gall stone (spot on) had the usual tests , blood, urine, etc then see doc then x ray (confirmed)   back to doc, get tablets, cost 1200 baht, i thought very good service. at PATTAYA general hospital

Cancer go to Chonburi hospital government cancer hospital.  They do all the cancer cases in this region.

Address: 69 Ban Suan-Sukhumvit 13 Rd, Tambon Ban Suan, Amphoe Mueang Chon Buri, Chang Wat Chon Buri 20000, Thailand

So my wife says.  Tell them emergency and give them id card.  They will take care of payment.

All Thais have access to free (or 30 baht) health care. However it has to be at the hospital where they are registered under one of the 3 health care schemes. In her case she is probably under the 30 baht scheme and listed in a tabian ban in Buriram, so would indeed need to go back to Buriram.

There is exception in emergencies but while this is urgent it does not count as an emergency. Emergency is when it is physically impossible to travel back to the registered hospital and treatment must be given immediately or the patient may die.

Best you can do is urge her to go to the hospital in Buriram as soon as possible.

it is not necessarily cancer, though possibly could be.

Archived