30 day extension

i was expecting 90 days upon arrival like i received last year and was surprised they only gave me 30 (US). i am thinking of heading to the office in phuket to request another 30 days. what paperwork will i need and how much will it cost? also, i have until nov 2, if i renew tomorrow will it add 30 days to the end or start the day i extend it?

... thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You must of had a non immigrant visa the last time your entered the country to of gotten 90 days if you are from the US.

You can apply for a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry for a fee of 1900 baht. The extension will start from the end of your current entry not the date you apply.

You will need a copy of your passport photo page, entry stamp, TM6 departure card and a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

You must of had a non immigrant visa the last time your entered the country to of gotten 90 days if you are from the US.
You can apply for a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry for a fee of 1900 baht. The extension will start from the end of your current entry not the date you apply.
You will need a copy of your passport photo page, entry stamp, TM6 departure card and a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

yes i did have one but was expired (my lucky day), thank you for the great response, will get my extension right away...

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

once i get my 30 day extension then i can goto the us embassy in bkk and get my income affidavit to take to immigration to convert my 30 day into a non-immigration o visa that is good for 90 days then convertible to 1 year? am i understanding correctly?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

18 minutes ago, TimLMT said:

once i get my 30 day extension then i can goto the us embassy in bkk and get my income affidavit to take to immigration to convert my 30 day into a non-immigration o visa that is good for 90 days then convertible to 1 year? am i understanding correctly?

You can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration but you will need at least 15 day remaining on the 30 day extension. General requirements are here: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80 (click Eng at the top of the page for English).

I suggest you ask Phuket immigration what they require when you apply for the extension.

Info for the income affdavit is here on the embassy website: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/income-affidavit/ 

You will need to make an appointment at the embassy when you do it. I suggest you check for the appointment now.  On Thursdays there are appointments available in the afternoon which might allow you to get the affidavit on the same day if you fly to Bangkok. See: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/acsappointment/

• 1 month later...
i have my 90 day now and hope to leave the country for a couple weeks, do i need and exit permit or some such thing?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect
No, but you do need a re-entry permit if you want to retain your current visa status.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk