Any Gay Bars/cafes In Banglampu, Ko San Rd Area?

manulike

Wondering if there are any gay bars/cafes/discos in the Banglamphu area of town for falangs as well as Asia travellers and backpackers that are more budget minded...

The Internet search I did brought up a few places along Phra Athit Road (the Chao Phraya river jetty street) called :

Dog Day at number 100 ? lesbian?

And two restaurants called Hemlock and Indy?

Does anyone know these places?

Does anyone know aother places in the area?

Are you backpacking and want to meet up and maybe do some travelling together - I am in Thailand for another 5-6 weeks then Cambodia, Laos, Malaysuia etc until the summer...

Thanks for your attention and help,

Philip - (contact by email or PM)

Edited by PeaceBlondie
delete email address

Wondering if there are any gay bars/cafes/discos in the Banglamphu area of town for falangs as well as Asia travellers and backpackers that are more budget minded...

The Internet search I did brought up a few places along Phra Athit Road (the Chao Phraya river jetty street) called :

Are you backpacking and want to meet up and maybe do some travelling together - I am in Thailand for another 5-6 weeks then Cambodia, Laos, Malaysuia etc until the summer...

Yes I know these places, When I am in BKK (now) I walk by them near daily. Both are the artsy Thai Silpa (=art) ''hangouts' empty barns, only filled some time late eves by groups of freinds (not at all necess. gay).

on the usual websites like gaythailand, dreadedned, gaytingtong, utopia-asia and a few more (this just fro memory) they all mention a few places ACROSS that wide scary traffic road, ratchadamnern, former named Tabuay Ngern (silver spoon), then like 69 in thai) now other. to the left from teh Royal hotel, in the sidestreet. ONLY very late eve, same style of mostly Thammasat students. There also used to be a gay sauna just along the bridge ramp/near Chai guesthse, but this is now the Korean bekpekhouse.

meeting other farang/or even JPNese (can be cute) is mainly still, after 20 yrs, a matter of goodluck. if youre attractive enough -to them- you may make friends with the few obvious gay waiters etc around.

Just of curiosity: on what site did you find THESE places anyway?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I know these places, When I am in BKK (now) I walk by them near daily. Both are the artsy Thai Silpa (=art) ''hangouts' empty barns, only filled some time late eves by groups of freinds (not at all necess. gay).

on the usual websites like gaythailand, dreadedned, gaytingtong, utopia-asia and a few more (this just fro memory) they all mention a few places ACROSS that wide scary traffic road, ratchadamnern, former named Tabuay Ngern (silver spoon), then like 69 in thai) now other. to the left from teh Royal hotel, in the sidestreet. ONLY very late eve, same style of mostly Thammasat students. There also used to be a gay sauna just along the bridge ramp/near Chai guesthse, but this is now the Korean bekpekhouse.

meeting other farang/or even JPNese (can be cute) is mainly still, after 20 yrs, a matter of goodluck. if youre attractive enough -to them- you may make friends with the few obvious gay waiters etc around.

Just of curiosity: on what site did you find THESE places anyway?

Hi my name is colin i am gay i stayed bangaluphoo /khaosan area 2 visits in 2006 .

There is a good gay disco bar calles sa-ke small soi just across the big scary main road 5 mins from khaosan road i went there everynight met a few nice guys. i stayed 3 weeks in march 06 and 4 weeks in august 06 can recomend this disco very good atmosphere and friendly. if you want to get in touch my email is // //

Edited by tywais
e-mail address removed