HBO

jphasia

Hello, i need advices on where I can stream HBO production series / movies.

I am using Nvidia Shield as android box. I am looking for official streaming apps (good qualities stream) such as Netflix...

To be more specific, I am looking at series such as Games of Thrones...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

AIS? Pretty sure they have exclusive HBO rights now?

Play (Android)
http://www.ais.co.th/aisplay/en/package.html

Bundled with AIS Fiber
HomePlus Package

I am not sure AIS will work for me. I forgot to mention that I am not using my android box only at home but also in Myanmar where I am working.
So, an app that I can download and use in my android box (Nvidia Shield).
At home, I am using 3BB for the fiber as AIS Fiber in not coming to my Soi. I am watching mostly Netflix, Iflix, google play and Apple as I have an Apple TV too.
I think there is an app " HBO now"?

I guess HBO Go is the streaming platform?

http://hboasia.com/Go/en-th

That looks like its included in the AIS 299 and 499 Play packages. And in the 399/599 AIS Fiber add-ons, and in the Power 4 package (maybe free for a few months).

AIS Play is an Android (and iPhone) app., not sure it would work in Myanmar. In Thailand it will only work on a phone or tablet (it will not work on an Android box or Nvidia Shield, AFAIK), although it can be streamed to a TV over a LAN, using a Chromecast or stream-capable TV.

HBO Now offers the same capabilities and is stand-alone (no tie-in to a provider), but it's not clear to me it's available here or in Myanmar - unless you can spoof an acceptable (U.S.?) IP?

https://shield.nvidia.com/apps/hbo-now

AIS play might be the option streaming from my mobile phone using Thai IP (via VPN) when I am in Myanmar and chromecast with Nvidia. I will try if they provide some time free. BTW, I am AIS customer for mobile.
HBO now. I can use VPN for the US IP but if I need to register in US, it won't work for me as I am not American.

Actually, apart from Nvidia Shield, I also have a Minix Neo U1 at home. Yesterday as I was updating the apps on google store, i saw the application for AIS play! I installed it and after login using my AIS phone number and required OTP, it was working. I tried some series that are free and it was working well. The only thing I need to do is subscribe to the package 299 / month which include HBO and I can watch.
My Nvidia Shield is in Myanmar now. I don't think I will find this app on it as it is android TV but I might take the Minix with me, running Thai IP through my VPN and it should work

OK, I was going by the FAQ for AIS Play...apologies.

Q: Can AIS PLAY be downloaded directly on Smart TV, Android TV, Android Box and Apple TV?
A: No. AIS PLAY can be accessed on smartphones and tablets only.

http://www.ais.co.th/aisplay/en/support_faq.html

I couldn't even download the app, Play Store message says it's not available in my country - My Google account is registered in the U.S.A. - but I was able to sideload the APK.

It looks like you just need the one single OTP SMS to enable it?

OK, I was going by the FAQ for AIS Play...apologies.

Q: Can AIS PLAY be downloaded directly on Smart TV, Android TV, Android Box and Apple TV?
A: No. AIS PLAY can be accessed on smartphones and tablets only.

http://www.ais.co.th/aisplay/en/support_faq.html

I couldn't even download the app, Play Store message says it's not available in my country - My Google account is registered in the U.S.A. - but I was able to sideload the APK.

It looks like you just need the one single OTP SMS to enable it?

Yes my google is Thailand. Just put my phone number (AIS) as username, then get OTP and done. I actually subscribed today to the premium package (299b / month). That give me the HBO channels, Cinemax...and others that I miss with Netflix.
I will try to sideload the AIS play app to my Nvidia.

• 4 weeks later...
Actually, apart from Nvidia Shield, I also have a Minix Neo U1 at home. Yesterday as I was updating the apps on google store, i saw the application for AIS play! I installed it and after login using my AIS phone number and required OTP, it was working. I tried some series that are free and it was working well. The only thing I need to do is subscribe to the package 299 / month which include HBO and I can watch.
My Nvidia Shield is in Myanmar now. I don't think I will find this app on it as it is android TV but I might take the Minix with me, running Thai IP through my VPN and it should work

So it work very well. I subscribe to AIS play 299b / month. It working very well from mt android box Minix at home in Thailand but also work with android box Minix in Myanmar using VPN with Thai IP.
So for 299b / month, we can have AIS play in both Thailand and Myanmar. That's good

Archived