Thai Baht

melbat

Can anyone tell me what is happening to the Thai baht? On the BBC website and forex exchange rates the Thai baht is trading around 65 baht to the pound sterling. Yet in the Bangkok Post and Banks here the rate is around 70 baht to the pound. What rate will i get if I transfer money from my UK account to my Thai bank account is what I want to know? Anyone out there with an explanation??

Check your exchange rates here.

Jai Dee - I've just looked on MSN Money and they are showing a days range of 64.43-69.65 with a current rate of 65.03 and yet the rate quoted on the Thai Visa site is 69.483. How can this be? To re-iterate the original question, does anyone know what is going on with the Baht? Why do there appear to be such wild fluctuations at the moment? icon9.gif

Edited by frankl

Check your exchange rates here.

Jai Dee - I've just looked on MSN Money and they are showing a days range of 64.43-69.65 with a current rate of 65.03 and yet the rate quoted on the Thai Visa site is 69.483. How can this be? To re-iterate the original question, does anyone know what is going on with the Baht? Why do there appear to be such wild fluctuations at the moment? icon9.gif

Onshore rates are different than the offshore rates - there is dual currency rates. The ones quoted on TV are the rates being offered in thailand. :o The once you see elsewhere are rates being offered outside thailand.

Edited by britmaveric