Travel Agents In Bkk

likite

Having made 5 phone calls and a number of emails over 2 days to Express International Travel, Silom, Bangkok (they have large advertisements in the Bangkok Post) I have had to admit defeat as they are incapable of providing information on a package holiday to Hong Kong. :o

The cost would have been around 40,000 baht for 2 but they don't seem bothered. So I'll take the business elsewhere.

Any recommendations of a good travel agent who can give information and make a booking at a reasonable price for a package holiday for a few days in Hong Kong from BKK would be welcome.

Cheers

If you email thaiairbooking (also called mandala travel) they respond right away. I bought my ticket from them last year and was quite happy with the service.

[email protected]

I also used mandala thanks to Sbk and I too was happy with their service. the only negative I would have to say is that their email communication skills are not in top form at all times.

Point-to-point travel or just a few stops at major destinations is ok for evry agent and the prices are quite similar.

Try to give any agent a schedule for Europe that includes 6-8 countries with various inland points. Nearly impossible to get it right.

E.g.:

I need to go to a small place in Southern Denmark, they suggest Copenhagen which would require connecting travel by car or train although the place has got an airport and non-stop connection within Europe.

Or to go from BKK to somewhere north of Frankfurt, an agent would suggest FRA although my destination can be reached daily via Munich.

My hometown in S/Germany (Stuttgart) is connected by frequent daily flights to all capitals around Europe. Leave it to the agent and they will fly me via FRA even if Zurich, Rome, London, Vienna or Paris offers better alternatives with faster transfers.

The only way, I use OAG, pick the flights by myself and ask for quotations.

Having made 5 phone calls and a number of emails over 2 days to Express International Travel, Silom, Bangkok (they have large advertisements in the Bangkok Post) I have had to admit defeat as they are incapable of providing information on a package holiday to Hong Kong. :o

The cost would have been around 40,000 baht for 2 but they don't seem bothered. So I'll take the business elsewhere.

Any recommendations of a good travel agent who can give information and make a booking at a reasonable price for a package holiday for a few days in Hong Kong from BKK would be welcome.

Cheers

Best in Bangkok... http://www.travexnet.com/ real pros..

We booked a short break in HK with TV Air bookings. It was good and very reasonably priced. But we did make the booking in person, so not sure what they're like via e-mail...

http://www.tv-air.com/home/index.html

TV Air does have some good and reasonable packages, including Hong Kong. However, I would only recommend the branch on Silom (near Soi 15). The staff at Chidlom and Emporium offices are often rude and abrubt.

The only way, I use OAG, pick the flights by myself and ask for quotations.

That's the best way, use the internet to find out the airline to use for the most convenient routings and then buy the seats with a consolidater for that airline.

Edited by enyaw

We booked a short break in HK with TV Air bookings. It was good and very reasonably priced. But we did make the booking in person, so not sure what they're like via e-mail...

http://www.tv-air.com/home/index.html

TV Air does have some good and reasonable packages, including Hong Kong. However, I would only recommend the branch on Silom (near Soi 15). The staff at Chidlom and Emporium offices are often rude and abrubt.

I agree! I was prepared to put up with their abruptness though cos of the good deals.

Cheers

i get now 4 years a good service from EXPAT TOURS,LOCATED IN THE CLASSIC PLACE HOTEL. adres ASOK-NEW PETCHBURIROAD,TEL:0870241973. good luck henkjan

Cheers

DTC Travel, Sukhumvit Soi 18 across the street from Rembrandt. Been using them for years, great people, friends actually. Tom will help you out and for a good price, too.

www.dtctravel.com