Traveling outside of Thailand on Type O-A Visa

I am here on a multiple entry, Non-Immigration Type O-A Visa. The current extension is good through May 7, 2019. I am considering taking a short vacation outside of Thailand and going to Laos for three or four days in March. 

Do I need to get a Re-entry Permit before leaving Thailand?

Will my passport be stamped with a new extension date upon re-entering Thailand? 

Thanks for your help! 

When does your OA visa expire? You will get a new one year permit to stay (not an extension) up to to that date when you enter the country.

After that date you will need a re-entry permit to keep the last entry form your visa if you want to travel.

I am not sure when my visa expires. 

@ubonjoe Back in May I submitted a question on this forum when I was going back to the USA for three months. I took your suggestion and did a border run to Mae Sai, went into Myanmar and re-entered Thailand. At that time my passport was stamped by Thai Immigration with "Admitted until 7/5/2019" I purchased a Re-entry Permit when I left for the USA, came back into Thailand in August, and now the current stamp in my passport has the same date, Admitted until 7/5/2019. I don't see anything that says when my visa expires. The date of issue was 23 June 2017.

Edited by Knowmad

17 minutes ago, Knowmad said:

The date of issue was 23 June 2017.

You visa expired on the 22nd of June this year. Look on the visa sticker and you should see a enter before date on it.

Unless you got a multiple re-entry permit you will need to get a new one before your next trip out of the country.

Before May 7th of 2019 you will need to get new visa or apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration.

48 minutes ago, Knowmad said:

Do I need to get a Re-entry Permit before leaving Thailand?

Yes, unless you bought a multiple entry re-entry permit back in May you’ll need a new one. A single entry costs 1,000 baht.

49 minutes ago, Knowmad said:

Will my passport be stamped with a new extension date upon re-entering Thailand? 

No. You’ll be stamped back in (using a re-entry permit) until May 7, 2019.