Digital Exclusive Panel For Vigo- Epp Smart Control Vg5210

Pattaya Dave

Has anyone heard about, seen or have purchased this new Digital Air Conditioner Control Panel produced by EPP Smart Control? It does away with the current rotary control switches present in the Vigo by providing full Digital Operation of the Vigo air conditioning system to include fan speed & direction control, temperature control similar to that of the V model Fortuner. In addition, it includes front & rear bumper sensors for parking and 4 door sensors all in a single color vacuum fluorescent display. Also included is a replacement center console panel available in simulated wood or silver color. The unit can be viewed at the following website.

http://www.epp.co.th/vigo/html/news.html

It appears to be a nice unit if it serves to be dependable and functions as advertised. My main concern is that it may void a portion of the Toyota warranty. I would welcome any feedback you might have. Price is approximately 12,000 baht.

Pattaya Dave

Ps. I think this unit is also available for G model Fortuners

Edited by Pattaya Dave

Has anyone heard about, seen or have purchased this new Digital Air Conditioner Control Panel produced by EPP Smart Control? It does away with the current rotary control switches present in the Vigo by providing full Digital Operation of the Vigo air conditioning system to include fan speed & direction control, temperature control similar to that of the V model Fortuner. In addition, it includes front & rear bumper sensors for parking and 4 door sensors all in a single color vacuum fluorescent display. Also included is a replacement center console panel available in simulated wood or silver color. The unit can be viewed at the following website.

http://www.epp.co.th/vigo/html/news.html

It appears to be a nice unit if it serves to be dependable and functions as advertised. My main concern is that it may void a portion of the Toyota warranty. I would welcome any feedback you might have. Price is approximately 12,000 baht.

Pattaya Dave

Ps. I think this unit is also available for G model Fortuners

If it comes with the sensors it seems definately worth it

I would love a climate control over the current manual system

J

You'd be better off getting Toyota to fit the OE one if it is a comparible price. Then you would have no warranty issues.

It would be great to purchase it from Toyota, but unfortunately they do not offer it for a Vigo. Only the top of the line "V" model Fortuners have the Digital Climate Control feature. I don't know if the Fortuner unit could be adapted to the Vigo. Even if it could, Toyota dealerships would most likely refuse to perform the installation and I also doubt that it would be covered under warranty since it is not standard OEM for the Vigo.

You'd be better off getting Toyota to fit the OE one if it is a comparible price. Then you would have no warranty issues.

It would be great to purchase it from Toyota, but unfortunately they do not offer it for a Vigo. Only the top of the line "V" model Fortuners have the Digital Climate Control feature. I don't know if the Fortuner unit could be adapted to the Vigo. Even if it could, Toyota dealerships would most likely refuse to perform the installation and I also doubt that it would be covered under warranty since it is not standard OEM for the Vigo.

The parts - both dash and electrics are exactly the same in a Vigo as a Fortuner, it would slot right in.

Of course warranty issues and whether they would actually do it are a completely different issue... but you'd probably be invalidating the warranty by installing the aftermarket version anyway.

If the parts are exactly the same then I'll certainly go and check it out at the Toyota dealership on Monday and ask if the parts can be purchased and installed by Toyota. I'll post my findings next week. In the mean time, the aftermarket version that you saw at the show last year, did it look, other than the fake wood trim, like a quality built product? I haven't actually seen it yet. The local custom shop has ordered one from Bangkok and it should arrive next week sometime. I'm curious to see how many area temperature sensors come with the kit in order to properly cool the cabin area. I'm also interested in how many backup/reverse and front bumper sensors are included in the kit.

Edited by Pattaya Dave