Someone on r/thailand is searching for 0-neg blood donor in Phuket

ThomasThBKK

I have it too, but the last time i tried to donate blood here they told me that they will not accept European blood due to creutzfeld jacob diseases in the 90s.

So everyone who stayed in eruope for 5 years during that time is blacklisted which makes the amount of people to have 0 neg here down rapidly.

From what i know it's a very uncommen blood group in Asia.

Just now, ThomasThBKK said:

I have it too, but the last time i tried to donate blood here they told me that they will not accept European blood due to creutzfeld jacob diseases in the 90s.

So everyone who stayed in eruope for 5 years during that time is blacklisted which makes the amount of people to have 0 neg here down rapidly.

Interesting.

I was in the 90th in Europe and I donated blood in Thailand 2004 for the Tsunami survivors. Nobody asked me at that time about that disease.

7 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I think the doctor will accept your 0- blood and ignore any blacklists if this is the only way to save the baby's life. Perhaps he needs to inform the mother about the risk and ask for her permission. My wild guess is that she will give the green light immediately.

Archived